Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ProControl, Control|24, Command|8 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=338894)

x9blade 09-26-2013 04:07 PM

Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotsman (Post 2086991)
Let's face it, I don't get your posts, especially as a moderator, you just seem to want to stir thing up and try to show that you are smarter than the rest of us.
Not qualities that I appreciate in the DUC.

As many of us want to move forward, but under present circumstances Avid are holding us back unless we want to spend vast amounts of cash to take a substandard C24 product which has Death written all over it. Maybe there will be a S4 or S5 waiting in the wings, maybe with a nice trade in offer, ha ha.

Cheers Scotsman

+1.....very wierd:confused:

Kenny Gioia 09-26-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Let's face it, I don't get your posts, especially as a moderator, you just seem to want to stir thing up and try to show that you are smarter than the rest of us.

No. Not smarter. More realistic.

My HD3 systems serve my needs. I would love to use Pro Tools 11 with them but I can't. That's how technological progress works. Avid is not going to support me using products I bought from them more than a decade ago.

As someone correctly pointed out, Avid is in the business to make money which means getting customers to buy newer updated products. Yes. Supporting old purchases is part of that. But it can't be forever. No matter how useful these older devices still are.

For some of you that are still bitter, ask yourself this question:

What if Pro Tools 11 wasn't out yet?

What would you do?

YYR123 09-26-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Not qualities that I appreciate in the DUC.

As many of us want to move forward, but under present circumstances Avid are holding us back unless we want to spend vast amounts of cash to take a substandard C24 product which has Death written all over it.

I don't think so - he is just stating the obvious - I'm not for what avid did here but it was done and we have to accept the fact that it's not gonna change

Well you don't have to accept it - you don't have to move on - or you can move on but not with the pro control

It's just life

x9blade 09-26-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2087087)
I don't think so - he is just stating the obvious - I'm not for what avid did here but it was done and we have to accept the fact that it's not gonna change

Well you don't have to accept it - you don't have to move on - or you can move on but not with the pro control

It's just life

do you own a pro control or control 24?

x9blade 09-26-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia (Post 2087084)

What if Pro Tools 11 wasn't out yet?

What would you do?

we would pray for the day that the program we love to use would come out with a version that gives us more power! let us work less restricted etc,etc,
kinda like pt11

of course letting us use our controllers as well... simple

YYR123 09-26-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x9blade (Post 2087104)

Here's the paradigm - does my answer change the reality?

I just finished watching Looper btw :D

Kenny Gioia 09-26-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x9blade (Post 2087104)

At these prices:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIGIDESIGN-P...item3385c9a67f

I will really soon.

No. I'm not joking.

x9blade 09-27-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2087125)
Here's the paradigm - does my answer change the reality?

I just finished watching Looper btw :D

I'll take that as a no.kinda had a feeling you weren't an owner

YYR123 09-27-2013 03:16 AM

No is correct but at that price who couldn't own one. Wow

I found someone who is giving me an artist mc control super cheap - I will pick it up Monday

I know It goes against the grain of what we should all have learned (about avid and hardware) but it's super cheap so why not.

x9blade 09-27-2013 03:27 AM

Just out of curiosity......to kenny G.
What would you do if, windows or mac came out with a new OS that rendered your tutorial videos unplayable?
What if you had to only make a slight modification to all of your videos to allow them to work in this new OS
would you make that modification or would you make all of your loyal customers
Repurchase all of the videos that had previously bought in order to play them in new OS?