Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Digidesign VS AVID (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300349)

Tonewrek 05-03-2011 05:33 PM

Digidesign VS AVID

Has anyone besides me wondered why the quality of the product (Pro Tools 9) has gotten worse since AVID took over?????? All i see on the DUC is problems!!:confused:

noah330 05-03-2011 05:55 PM

Re: Digidesign VS AVID

I run PT9 and it's great. Could you be more specific?

carlone 05-03-2011 06:46 PM

The DUC is all about problems. Users helping other users.
The vast majority of pro tools users don't have problems specific to pro tools.
IMHO

nst7 05-03-2011 07:27 PM

And for your info, Avid actually bought Digidesign about 15 years ago. It's only recently that they rebranded the name, and got more involved in making positive changes, moving out the old guard that was stuck in their ways.

Darney 05-04-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nst7 (Post 1789875)
And for your info, Avid actually bought Digidesign about 15 years ago. It's only recently that they rebranded the name, and got more involved in making positive changes, moving out the old guard that was stuck in their ways.

+1

PT 9 has been pretty darn solid for me. Easy install, no issues. The new features are terrific and Tech Support has been more much more active in the forums as of late. Frankly, I'm impressed. In fact the only issues I've ever had with PT were in PT 6LE... but they were addressed fairly quickly. I even screwed up some KEXT file permissions by doing something stupid and PT didn't blink!

fakir_cz 05-04-2011 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonewrek (Post 1789833)
Has anyone besides me wondered why the quality of the product (Pro Tools 9) has gotten worse since AVID took over?????? All i see on the DUC is problems!!:confused:

My experience with PT 9 is actually an INCREASE in quality. Working like a charm here. I was running LE for years, but it was never as painless as PT 9.

And yes, DUC is here to solve problems, that's why most threads are about them. The majority of satisfied users simply doesn't write here, because there's no reason for it. ;)

CME 05-04-2011 03:32 AM

And I think pt9 has brought people back to pro tools and brought in people that haven't used pro tools before. So there has been an increase in trouble shooting installation problem threads. Which are usually unrelated to the software. So I'm with every one else. If anything pro tools has gotten better since avid started making changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Douglas 05-04-2011 03:06 PM

PT 9 & PT 9 HD have been the most reliable and nimble release for me since I started with PT 3.2.
YMMV.

L-Dogg 05-04-2011 08:49 PM

I agree....PT9 is great and Avid has done a lot of things right lately. I am back to enjoying the process. Just having the ability to consider using interfaces that others use and rave about is great. ADC...the new Eleven Rack update. Stellar.

skyko 05-05-2011 10:01 AM

PT9 (and AVID) is just fine.
But a lot of people that are new to PT (Avid's "native"-strategy seems to work) are just seemingly not interested in reading README-files and searching the knowledge-based to resolve simple (documented) issues.
Sounding off on forum board seems to be more attractive.