Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Core Audio Woes (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=105873)

matts9383 05-13-2004 03:47 PM

Core Audio Woes

I'm trying to get the multiple mono outs of Kontakt to work with Pro Tools 6.1

It seems like Core Audio is to blame for my problems so far. All I can see in Kontakt is the 1+2 outputs, and even in the audio setup there are no other output options. Does anyone have any links to documentation on how I might setup Kontakt with Core Audio to get the multiple mono and stereo outputs?

Thanks,
matt

Rosenheimer 05-13-2004 04:27 PM

Re: Core Audio Woes

yes,

Digi's Core Audio Driver is restricted and anoying. You almost need a seperate audio device to handle other programs properly. They should just release full support for Core Audio, and keep restrictions (1 program at a time) from the Driver.

I'm often working with Final Cut Pro, Safari, Soundtrack all at the same time. I have to quit each program in order to use the audio in one program. Ya, I could take a line out from the computer and send it to the 002, but that is something that a person should not have to do for an audio card. Especially when Digi is perfectly capable of providing us with the right tools.

I've paid a lot for the 002, and would like some of the basic features that other audio devices already have. I'll encourage other people to stay away from the LE products if they need a audio card to handle more needs than just recording. If they had better drivers for core audio, I know there would be a lot of people who would by the hardware just for its sound quality and the Digi name.

Anyone else want to push Digi for Multi-Client Support?

richiefingers 05-14-2004 05:14 AM

Quote:

Yep - totally agree - this is my only criticism of my mbox - but it really is a pain in the a**.

PLEASE DIGI!

MacIDOL.com

Arvid TomaykoPeters 05-14-2004 07:53 AM

me too! (mbox user). I have been using jack to do multiclient, but this should not have to happen. I also wouldn't mind getting the lower 256 sample I/O buffer size (available in PT), into the core audio driver for the mbox for doing live stuff!

Muxlow 05-15-2004 08:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yep - totally agree - this is my only criticism of my mbox - but it really is a pain in the a**.

PLEASE DIGI!

MacIDOL.com

Next to Macromedia, DigiDesign is the most infuriating, anti-consumer company I've run into yet.

People have been screaming about this for months, and it's the number 1 reason I'm dumping Digi like a body in a river next year when I get my G5 and say goodbye to my beloved Digi001. So, sure, fix CoreAudio, Digi. You owe it to us. Or, continue being [bleep] and forcing your high-paying customers to suffer for your foolishness and/or incompetence; That's a sound business strategy that's sure to keep people coming back for more.

I, for one, won't be around to care much longer. To hell with you...