Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   UAD / Massenburg DesignWorks MDWEQ5 plug-in (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412121)

senghor 10-04-2020 07:05 AM

UAD / Massenburg DesignWorks MDWEQ5 plug-in

If You own a UAD Apollo system You can have the Massenburg DesignWorks MDWEQ5 plug-in for $149 on UA plugin page.

Southsidemusic 10-04-2020 07:21 AM

Re: UAD / Massenburg DesignWorks MDWEQ5 plug-in

Soo ... what does that mean? We paid $99 for it last year so $149 is more than it usually cost. Not worth more than 75 bucks max and we used it for many years before we bought a second copy as we have many X Series 8P and 16P so no news here.

senghor 10-04-2020 08:37 AM

Hi,

Where can you get for $99?

Southsidemusic 10-04-2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senghor (Post 2579460)
Hi,

Where can you get for $99?

One of their sales last spring around may or april. We have all the plugins they have to offer and we needed another eq for a project and got the Mass but it is older than me in design and way too ”clean” for pop music. No warmth or anything so it is not used at all on either systems.

Just the fact their usual MSRP is $299 is a laughing matter right there to begin with! Get a one year subscription to Slate or PIA for about same $$$ and you will get soo much better sounding EQ’s.

If UA wasn’t ripping their users off by being the most expensive plugin developers and Not letting their users RESELL one or five plugins without hardware essentially makes the plugins we buy worthless the same second we pay for them. Should be illegal actually.

senghor 10-04-2020 09:27 AM

Ok, I understand.

Is Mass more for cleaning stuff?

senghor 10-04-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2579467)
One of their sales last spring around may or april. We have all the plugins they have to offer and we needed another eq for a project and got the Mass but it is older than me in design and way too ”clean” for pop music. No warmth or anything so it is not used at all on either systems.

Just the fact their usual MSRP is $299 is a laughing matter right there to begin with! Get a one year subscription to Slate or PIA for about same $$$ and you will get soo much better sounding EQ’s.

If UA wasn’t ripping their users off by being the most expensive plugin developers and Not letting their users RESELL one or five plugins without hardware essentially makes the plugins we buy worthless the same second we pay for them. Should be illegal actually.

Ok, I understand.

Is Mass more for cleaning stuff?