Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Vocal Rider - How do I get automation to write? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395843)

CisumBlue 12-21-2017 06:49 PM

Vocal Rider - How do I get automation to write?

I just bought Waves Vocal Rider earlier this week - hey, $29.99 is hard to resist, but I'm stumped.

I have the vocal track on touch and the plugin on write. The Vocal Rider fader is moving and everything is fine, but it's not doing automation - it's not writing the volume changes.

Any ideas? What am I missing? I watched 3 tutorial videos and it writes as it is supposed to. Save me some time someone.

Stig Eliassen 12-22-2017 01:05 AM

Re: Vocal Rider - How do I get automation to write?

Vocal Rider In Depth

TNM 12-22-2017 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CisumBlue (Post 2465401)
I just bought Waves Vocal Rider earlier this week - hey, $29.99 is hard to resist, but I'm stumped.

I have the vocal track on touch and the plugin on write. The Vocal Rider fader is moving and everything is fine, but it's not doing automation - it's not writing the volume changes.

Any ideas? What am I missing? I watched 3 tutorial videos and it writes as it is supposed to. Save me some time someone.

have you actually clicked the little box on top of the plug in window, and enabled automation for the fader rider parameter in pro tools itself?

Or just click the main fader with ctrl/alt/command and left mouse click and choose "enable automation".

I am sure that's it.

the fader will have a red border when that's enabled, if not, then that's the issue.

if not, let me know. Just tested it here on latch and write on plugin, worked flawlessly

CisumBlue 12-22-2017 08:28 AM

Hey TNM, thanks for trying.

I have touch (or latch) on the track and the plugin automation in the bottom center of the plugin on "write," and yes there is a red circle around the fader. That should make the volume change with the fader on the plugin, right? That's what it appeared to do on the tutorial videos, and I have used a bass rider before and that's how it worked.

So, I also went to the little box at the plug in automation enable box at the top and selected "Rider Fader," thinking maybe that was how it worked. Then when I go the track itself and select "rider fader" you would think the changes would automate there, but it's not.

OK, new operating system (Sierra), new PT install, new plugin. Something obvious is not checked somewhere.

CisumBlue 12-22-2017 09:03 AM

Plugin automation not working

My plugins are not recording automation. I discovered it using a new Vocal Rider plugin, but then realized it is all plugin automation.

I'll use Trueverb as an example. I am not in "safe" mode. The track is in touch mode (or latch). On the plugin I have gone to the plugin automation enable squares at the top and selected Master Bypass, and the "BYPASS" square on the plugin has changed colors to indicate it is ready for automation. Play the track and click bypass on and off, but it isn't writing to the track. I have tried automating other plugins and different things, specifically the vocal rider. No plugin automation is working.

Automation on the track itself is fine - operating as it should.

This is a new problem, and I have installed a new operating system Sierra 10.13.2 and a recent install of PT 12.8.2.

What is going on? Does anyone know?

Stig Eliassen 12-22-2017 09:14 AM

Re: Plugin automation not working

Have you auto-enabled plugin automation in the preferences (mixing tab), or do you auto-enable as you go?

Southsidemusic 12-22-2017 09:28 AM

Re: Plugin automation not working

Please don't start multiple threads of the same issues. It is against forum guidelines.

CisumBlue 12-22-2017 09:40 AM

Christopher, I was trying to put it in the correct forum. Do you have any suggestions for my issue?

Stig, Thanks for your help. I normally auto enable as I go, but it's not working now, and I don't understand why.

CisumBlue 12-22-2017 09:55 AM

I have solved this problem. The new Pro Tools install changed defaults in some menus.

Stig Eliassen 12-22-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CisumBlue (Post 2465488)
I have solved this problem. The new Pro Tools install changed defaults in some menus.

Glad you're up and running.