Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Out of CPU power with three plugins on (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=73651)

sabayachi 04-23-2003 07:02 PM

Out of CPU power with three plugins on

I've been using my PTLE for over a year without a problem. Then, out of the blue, I started to get DAE error -9128 "You're running out of CPU power. Take out some plug-ins to free up CPU power". But I'm only running a couple of tracks with three plug-ins (EQ, verb, compressor). And I have a Gateway with 2 Mhz CPU, 512 Mb RAM, 512 cache, and 80 Gb 7200 RPM HD. Can anyone please enlighten me?

MJ Pacifica 06-16-2003 10:22 PM

Re: Out of CPU power with three plugins on

I have a similar computer - Dell - that should have no problems, but I also get that message......I have tried to bus my Dverb so I only have it on one track and bus it to the others I use, but I still end up with that DAE 9128 too many plug ins message....maybe someone will come along with an answer for us

Asymnation 06-16-2003 10:35 PM

How many plug-ins are you running total? My system starts getting those errors when i have about 6+ plug-ins running at any time.

My advice would be to edit and mix each track individually through RTAS, and then once you have a good sound, use the Audiosuite version of those plug-ins and take the plug-ins out.

note: be aware that DVerb is a very CPU intensive plugin.

You may also want to check and see what other applications and programs are running in the background.

Detuned6 06-17-2003 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Asymnation:

My advice would be to edit and mix each track individually through RTAS, and then once you have a good sound, use the Audiosuite version of those plug-ins and take the plug-ins out.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is this "how to do it"?
Arm the track with audiosuite plugin,send that track to a 1/4" analog output and then into a new track input and re-record it with the audiosuite verb ? (printing the verb?)

Allen Hallada 06-17-2003 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sabayachi:
I've been using my PTLE for over a year without a problem. Then, out of the blue, I started to get DAE error -9128 "You're running out of CPU power. Take out some plug-ins to free up CPU power". But I'm only running a couple of tracks with three plug-ins (EQ, verb, compressor). And I have a Gateway with 2 Mhz CPU, 512 Mb RAM, 512 cache, and 80 Gb 7200 RPM HD. Can anyone please enlighten me?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tell us more about your system. Is it a Pentium 4? Hopefully it is more than 2Mhz, you must mean 2Ghz?
Thanks,
Allen [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]