Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Pro Tools gets stuck in Scrub/Shuttle (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408939)

WinstonDeath 03-17-2020 12:16 PM

Pro Tools gets stuck in Scrub/Shuttle

This issue has been present for a few years it seems, mainly when connected to a EuCon or Icon control surface. The FFWD and RWD buttons get stuck lit up, and the transport status at the bottom left of the edit window displays either scrub or shuttle despite pro tools not actually being in that mode. The scrubber tool is not selected. Only a reboot seems to break this loop.

Anyone else?

JFreak 03-17-2020 12:23 PM

Re: Pro Tools gets stuck in Scrub/Shuttle

Maybe if you told a little about system specs first

WinstonDeath 03-17-2020 12:39 PM

Sorry, thought you’d see my bio info in the post. Also it doesn’t really matter since it’s happened on every version of PT and with every surface I’ve used in the last 6 years, but today I’m on:

Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.12 macOS 10.14.6, EuCon Workstation 2019.12, S6 M40

JFreak 03-17-2020 12:40 PM

Just checking that you have compatible software. Now someone with EUCON may jump in knowing it is not a compatibility issue

WinstonDeath 03-17-2020 12:44 PM

Yeah every system I use is extensively researched for compatibility, both my home system and at the studio. I wouldn’t want to waste anyone’s time with incorrectly set up rigs on here.

its2loud 03-18-2020 07:24 AM

This sounds like shuttle lock mode. What happens when you press the space bar and how does it get into that mode in the first place?

WinstonDeath 03-19-2020 05:40 AM

Space bar starts and stops transport as usual. All the GUI signs for shuttle lock are there, it’s just not actually in shuttle lock. You can toggle between the transport status in the bottom left reading “scrub” or “shuttle” by hitting the jog and shuttle buttons on the S6, but it doesn’t actually go into or out of those those modes.
I have no idea how it gets into that state in the first place, but it does seem to only happen when there are satellites connected. The systems are a three satellite mix stage.

smurfyou 03-19-2020 10:57 PM

Could it be some sort of Eucon conflict? If it only happens with satellites...

WinstonDeath 03-20-2020 05:08 AM

I have had it happen with eucon turned off, but using icon surfaces (d-control) with satellites also.

JNJ 12-01-2020 04:33 PM

+1

This issue has been persistent for a few years now across multiple versions. Happens with Eucon and Icon surfaces. Surface transport button stops working. Only have seen it on rigs connected via Satellite. Seems to happen on the rig not transmitting play selection oddly enough.

Only fix I found is a Pro Tools restart. Anybody with another fix??? Avid??