Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Dock: "OK/Cancel" buttons not working?? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405876)

docric 08-07-2019 06:17 AM

Dock: "OK/Cancel" buttons not working??

Probably user error, BUT ...

... after upgrading to Eucon 19.7.0, when a pop-up screen displays from PT with an "OK" or "Cancel" choice, I can no longer open/close those windows by selecting the "OK" or "Cancel" button on the Dock??

I've gone into both Eucon Settings & PT prefs and tried various selections of the new options & for the life of me, can't get this working as it did previously ??? ... I've gotta' be missing something simple... any help much appreciated !

... and the Dock Right Edit commands seem ?? to be correct (Global>Enter for "OK" & Global>Escape for "Cancel")...

mattrixx 08-07-2019 04:40 PM

Re: Dock: "OK/Cancel" buttons not working??

Given that some of these "ok" response options require ProTools to be the front most, or attention app, for them to work... can you check to see if this is the case, or is it for all of them in your case?

docric 08-08-2019 05:18 AM

Thanks for the input, Matt.

Unfortunately in my case, having Pro Tools, or even a specific window in Pro Tools attentioned (or not) doesn’t seem to affect it??? Bizarre, huh?

I’m beginning to suspect macOS but just can’t figure this one out...

MediaBrain 01-08-2020 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm having the same issue. I'm pretty sure it's a bug and has something to do with MacOS breaking something in Eucon although that's just a hunch.

Here's a hack that fixes things though I'm hoping Avid will resolve this in a future Eucon update. See attached screenshot.

For whatever soft key or surface you want assigned as OK or Cancel, add a KEY command for Keypad Enter or Keypad ESC. The Eucon globals for these don't appear to be working for whatever reason. This will get you going until the next bug fix.

docric 01-11-2020 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaBrain (Post 2550364)
For whatever soft key or surface you want assigned as OK or Cancel, add a KEY command for Keypad Enter or Keypad ESC. The Eucon globals for these don't appear to be working for whatever reason. This will get you going until the next bug fix.

Niiiice MB ! :cool:

Fortunately, this issue resolved itself when I updated to the next Eucon/PT version.

WildHoney 07-20-2022 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaBrain (Post 2550364)
I'm having the same issue. I'm pretty sure it's a bug and has something to do with MacOS breaking something in Eucon although that's just a hunch.

Here's a hack that fixes things though I'm hoping Avid will resolve this in a future Eucon update. See attached screenshot.

I'm seeing this again here, but adding the ENTER keystroke does the trick as a workaround. good tip, thanks!