Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Track window (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398457)

mikeyman 04-06-2018 07:43 PM

Track window

in PT's 10 there is a track window w/groups that appear on the left of the screen.How can I turn this window off thanks...

BScout 04-06-2018 07:45 PM

Re: Track window

at the very bottom of the actual editing space, below all the tracks, on the left side there's a little arrow pointing left (with a vertical line to the left of it). Press that and it collapses the side showing the groups/tracks.

Also, same arrow pointing right on the right side to hide the clip list (in case you wanted to know that.)

mikeyman 04-06-2018 08:19 PM

thanks Scout I have used that arrow but the window always comes back when I pull up my session again.I thought there was a way to shut it off so it won't come back thanks

BScout 04-06-2018 08:59 PM

It should save with the session. I just tried it and it does save between opening/closing.

You might need to do the trash prefs thing if something is corrupted.

(its also under the View>Other Displays>"track list" option if you want to put it on a keyboard command)

mikeyman 04-06-2018 09:23 PM

ok thanks ill try it again or trash

mikeyman 04-06-2018 09:51 PM

got it now thanks ..How often do you go in and trash your preferences

musicman691 04-07-2018 05:16 AM

Been a while since I used PT10 but you should also be able to close that sidebar by going to the little arrow in the edit screen that's at the upper right and de-selecting 'track list' IIRC. It's the same arrow where you can select to show/hide things like the zoom controls, clip list, universe, etc.

albee1952 04-07-2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyman (Post 2483548)
got it now thanks ..How often do you go in and trash your preferences

Whenever things get weird:D I might not do it for months or more:o

mikeyman 04-07-2018 09:36 PM

ok thanks I didn't know that I could do this more than once.You guys are great with all your help.

mikeyman 04-15-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2483564)
Been a while since I used PT10 but you should also be able to close that sidebar by going to the little arrow in the edit screen that's at the upper right and de-selecting 'track list' IIRC. It's the same arrow where you can select to show/hide things like the zoom controls, clip list, universe, etc.

still having problems with the track list on the MIX view.What you are saying turns off the track list on the EDIT screen but I can't find how to turn off the track list on the MIX screen:confused: