Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Accessing Sends with Encoder Issue? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=400080)

TerryBarnett 07-05-2018 02:44 PM

Accessing Sends with Encoder Issue?

Hi all...I have searched the forum for something on this but could not find anything.

If I use Channel Control to assign a Mono Bus to a send on an audio track e.g. 'Bus 1' then pushing the channel encoder does not bring up the send fader.

However if it's a Stereo Bus e.g. 'Bus 5-6' then pushing the encoder brings up the fader.

This seems to be the case regardless of whether it's on a mono or stereo track and regardless of the slot I use.

Apologies in advance if I am missing something obvious but I wanted to make sure it's not an issue with my S3.

Thanks for any help.

TerryBarnett 07-22-2018 12:28 AM

Re: Accessing Sends with Encoder Issue?

Hi everyone...is there any chance someone else could confirm whether this is the same on their S3 please?

Much appreciated.

Terry

TerryBarnett 10-04-2018 12:01 PM

Hi all

Is there any chance someone could just confirm whether they have the same issue on their S3 please?

Eddie...am I misunderstanding something here or should a mono buss operate exactly the same as a stereo buss in terms of opening the fader in screen?

Thanks for any help.

Terry

EddieJones 10-05-2018 10:50 AM

When you say open the Fader...where do you mean (and yes it should work the same)

TerryBarnett 10-05-2018 11:21 AM

Thanks for responding Eddie

Just to be certain I've just tried this again and it's as follows:

I create an audio track (have tried with both Mono and Stereo) I use Channel Control to assign a send to slot (a) on the track and pick the 'Buss' option.

I assign Buss 1-2 and then exit config mode and back out; when I select send with the same track still selected and press the Encoder below slot (a) which now says 'Buss 1-2' the send fader opens on screen.

However if I assign Buss 1 i.e. a mono Buss (have also tried Buss 3 or 5 etc.) and then exit config mode and back out; when I press the Encoder below slot (a) which now says Buss 1 the send fader does not appear on screen.

Hope that clarifies things...just want to make sure my unit is operating correctly.

Thanks again

EddieJones 10-06-2018 06:58 AM

OK, thanks. I was asking as this has all changed in the upcoming release and i would like to make sure this works as expected now. I'll pass onto the tester guys.

TerryBarnett 10-06-2018 12:22 PM

Much appreciated Eddie.

Kind regards.