Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hardware not found error... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=133214)

Adman44 03-31-2005 09:00 AM

Hardware not found error...

This is my first time posting here...so please bear with me if I'm not in the right forum or something. I just posted this and can't find my post anywhere. I guess it will take me a little while to get used to how this forum works. ;-)

I have been using Pro Tools for several years, previously with 001 and upgraded to 002r last July. I have just upgraded to SP2 and downloaded AVID Pro Tools 6.5.2 to take advantage of compatibility with my AVID Xpress Pro HD 5.1.2 software (which I also just downloaded). I had them both working fine together on my Dell Precision 650 machine.

I decided to take advantage of a couple of free plugins including iZotope and EQIII. I posted a question on the AVID studio forum as to whether anyone knew if EQIII was compatible with AVID Pro Tools 6.5.2. (I knew that it was cited for 6.7 but wasn't sure if the AVID version numbers don't run parallel) Didn't get an answer so I decided to try installing it anyway...quickly found that it is NOT.

So...now I get the "hardware not found" error and can't get it installed, after doing a complete uninstall...with and without selecting the remove device driver option in the unstall routine.

As an aside, I also lost the timeline the next time I booted up AVID Xpress Pro HD. I have since installed 6.5.2 which just was made available yesterday (an immediate update to 6.5.1). (the previous installation of AVID was 6.5.1 which was made available last Friday.)

Please help!

Adman

DigiTechSupt 03-31-2005 10:32 AM

Re: Hardware not found error...

A manual removal is required because Add/Remove Programs does not remove the file named DSPManager.dll

1. Locate and open the Plug-Ins folder on your Startup drive: Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
2. Delete the files named EQ III.dpm and EQ III.dpm.rsr
3. Locate and open the following folder on your Startup drive: Program Files\Digidesign\Pro Tools
4. Delete the file named DSPManager.dll
5. Empty the Trash

Depending on your version of Pro Tools, it may be necessary to reinstall Pro Tools again after you have deleted the DSPManager.dll file.

Adman44 03-31-2005 11:55 AM

Thank you so much! I'll try it now.

Adman44 03-31-2005 11:59 AM

"2. Delete the files named EQ III.dpm and EQ III.dpm.rsr"

The ones I have are EQ II.dpm and EQ II.dpm.rsr -- (II, not III)

I don't have the EQ III files at all.

Should I remove the EQ II files?

Adman44 03-31-2005 12:00 PM

I assume not because they were last modified Nov., 2004 -- so they were on my system when the program was working fine.

Adman44 03-31-2005 12:03 PM

"3. Locate and open the following folder on your Startup drive: Program Files\Digidesign\Pro Tools
4. Delete the file named DSPManager.dll"

Sorry, that file is not present in this directory either.

What next?

Adman44 03-31-2005 12:15 PM

I did a search for DSPManager.dll. There are two instances on my system as follows:

C:\Program Files\Avid\Avid Xpress Pro HD
C:\Program Files\Avid\Digidesign\Pro Tools

I suppose the Pro Tools one is in a different directory since I was running AVID Pro Tools, v6.5.2?

Adman44 03-31-2005 02:39 PM

bump

Adman44 04-01-2005 08:20 AM

This "fix" didn't work...any more suggestions?

Adman44 04-01-2005 12:19 PM

Bumpster..