Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   >does not play 48mhz with playback (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=348828)

Thywingedfallen 12-26-2013 10:51 PM

>does not play 48mhz with playback

I don't know a lot about technology but I'm going to try. I believe my mbox is my selected playback device and is causing this issue (cannot play 48mhz sample rate I believe it was). I don't know how to change it if it IS the issue.

This is what I'm using:Pro Tools 11
OSX 10.9.1
Mbox Mini Pro 2-input (not sure if ver. 2 or 3)

Once this is fixed, though, I need to solve another issue w/ my mic not being recognized by my computer and instead using the internal mic of the computer itself. Please help?? :(

YYR123 12-26-2013 10:57 PM

Re: >does not play 48mhz with playback

It's kHz not MHz and that's the sample rate

Hold down the n key while PT is starting and you will get a screen that says playback engine - change it there

Also read the manual on that topic

What kind of mic? B/c a mic plugged into a mbox3 would not be recognized by the computer

Thywingedfallen 12-26-2013 11:04 PM

Neumann Condenser Mic TLM 103 P48
goes into Pre-Amp FF ISA Two Focusrite Dual Mono Mic Pre
goes into the mbox

YYR123 12-26-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thywingedfallen (Post 2115493)
into Pre-Amp FF ISA Two Focusrite Dual Mono Mic Pre
goes into the mbox

Via what connector?

Look it's getting late here in Texas so I will assume various things

Output of the isa via xlr - into the mbox - mbox has a switch (I don't have a newer one) or a software button that toggles the input b/t mic/line mic being the xlr and line being the 1/4"trs

Then u have to go into PT and create mono audio track and select the input on that track (via mixer window is easiest)

Then record enable - it will give u sound and a signal inside PT

- 2 words of advice - read the manual on the topics ur having issues with and

Spend a couple of hours on YouTube watching videos of what u wanna do- there are lots of videos out there

Prosit - I'll check in tomorrow and see how ur doing ! ;)

Thywingedfallen 12-27-2013 05:05 PM

It gives me the option of using built-in input mono 1 & front right mono. But I think it's using the internal mic of my computer. I want to use the actual mic but I don't know how

YYR123 12-27-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thywingedfallen (Post 2115732)
It gives me the option of using built-in input mono 1 & front right mono. But I think it's using the internal mic of my computer. I want to use the actual mic but I don't know how

Look into the playback engine - manual