Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Digidesign Hardware & Software (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Where is MBOX-2 Control Panel (Win 10) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405955)

Xorcist 08-14-2019 01:36 PM

Where is MBOX-2 Control Panel (Win 10)

Having an issue with the MBOX-2 and Windows 10 running OBS. Half the time there is a nasty clicking/crackling happening in the audio path when OBS is run with video sources and there is no rhyme or reason anywhere else (sample rates in windows/OBS are all the same, etc).

Half the time it works (fresh boot, but not always) but the one factor here missing is that there is no control panel for the MBOX-2 and I suspect the sample rate is getting jacked up. I am using S/PDIF in and out on the box but again, no way to actually control it -

Is there a way to get an active control panel up so I can play with the settings in the box?

Darryl Ramm 08-14-2019 02:40 PM

Re: Where is MBOX-2 Control Panel (Win 10)

What version of Windows was the Mbox 2 last supported on? ... It's unsupported ancient hardware. If you want to use Windows 10, throw it away and buy a supported interface. Lots of products to choose from, almost all significantly better than an Mbox 2.

64GTOBOY 08-14-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xorcist (Post 2535446)
Having an issue with the MBOX-2 and Windows 10 running OBS. Half the time there is a nasty clicking/crackling happening in the audio path when OBS is run with video sources and there is no rhyme or reason anywhere else (sample rates in windows/OBS are all the same, etc).

Half the time it works (fresh boot, but not always) but the one factor here missing is that there is no control panel for the MBOX-2 and I suspect the sample rate is getting jacked up. I am using S/PDIF in and out on the box but again, no way to actually control it -

Is there a way to get an active control panel up so I can play with the settings in the box?

You might be able to change it in the advanced settings of the good ol windows sound control panel(go to Sound and in upper right corner of page is the link to the old Sound Control Panel).

In Win7 the mbox control panels can usually be accessed thru the system control panels window. In win10 i would check in Apps and Features and if it's not there go to the Programs and features(link at the right again) and see if it's there.

Xorcist 08-14-2019 03:46 PM

64GTOBOY: Yea, that was my initial check but alas, nothing - I was hoping that somewhere that was a way, maybe indirectly, to access the settings. I found this box at a flea market for a whopping $5 and I needed a quick and easy SPDIF interface - blam! It works!

Again, the only issue is when OBS runs and even then, it's inconsistent so while it does work half of the time, I'm just trying to figure out the whole picture.

Oh, and Darryl, sorry - this happens on brand new interfaces too so... yea...