Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Digi 002 rack (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411316)

basslik 07-27-2020 09:47 PM

Digi 002 rack

I just bought a used 002 rack, and would like to know two things.

I surrendered my PT9 license for the upgrade, but can always buy a used license so I can use the DIGI 002 rack if I have to use older versions of PT, which would be cool to pull up old sessions.

What's the last version of Pro Tools & drivers I can use with the DIGI 002 ?

I pretty much have every OS I need for for my too. thank you.

JFreak 07-27-2020 10:23 PM

Re: Digi 002 rack

Driver downloads here

Wizzoboy 07-28-2020 03:59 AM

I'm still using an 002R with PT 2018.3 (where I stopped updating) without any problems.

JFreak 07-28-2020 05:43 AM

You always need to try if it works for you or not. With that said Rack version is more likely to be usable longer as it only has the interface, without control surface. What I have heard there will be problems with control surface first.

basslik 07-28-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzoboy (Post 2573724)
I'm still using an 002R with PT 2018.3 (where I stopped updating) without any problems.

Thanks folks,

Wizzoboy I see you are on a PC correct ?, I'm on Mac.

I'm having trouble lion seeing the audiocore multi channels?

I'm researching and I believe someone out there is on Mac mt. Lion or Lion running PT10 or 12 ?.

I'll try the boot sequence I heard about.

Darryl Ramm 07-28-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basslik (Post 2573772)
I'm having trouble lion seeing the audiocore multi channels?

CoreAudio :-)

But what do you mean exactly?... The Avid supplied 002 driver you installed is likely to either install and work totally or not. It's not likely to only become a two channel device. What does the Mac's Audio MIDI Setup app show for the devices? (post a screenshot of that if it is easier).

What shows up in Pro Tools Setup>IO might be a two channel device even if everything else is working OK. But that's just confused IO settings. Make sure that the Playback Engine selected is really your 002 and then Default that IO. (delete all the paths, then click the Default button on each tab in Setup>IO).

If you 002 is not working at all then Pro Tools will likely default to using the Built-In output as the Playback Engine and that can show up with only two output paths. And it might be possible say they end up with names that make you think your 002 was actually working and only two channels. Always explicitly check the Playback Engine is what you think it is... so easy to trip up when that changes.

basslik 07-28-2020 05:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Darryl,
Running Lion PT10, iLok3 plugged in. 002 rack appears functioning as the manual indicated, sample rate light & mute light, as well as the 1394 firewire port on.
I've installed every version of drivers starting from 10.3.3 (9.0r3) worked my way up the the last version 11.1.5 since I seen someone on Youtube successfully run it on PT12.
Not letting me upload screenshot.
Shows audio core device 0in/0out
Pro Tools Aggregate 4in/2 out.
Every version I did uninstall the previous versions of drivers also.

basslik 07-28-2020 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I uploaded correctly ?

Darryl Ramm 07-28-2020 05:39 PM

OK so the device is showing up but with 0 in/0 out... that may mean the driver is not working at all or may just be upset. Is the 002 connected and powered On? Leave it powered on and reboot your Mac... now what does it show up as more than 0 in/0 out.

This all at least makes more sense than two channels.... you should not ever see than.

You are clicked on the aggregate device in Audio MIDI Setup... but you hopefully are not trying to use that... and are using the 002 directly. I suspect your Pro Tools is starting up with the Aggregate Device as the Playback Engine and you are simply seeing the two audio outputs in that that are in that aggregate.

basslik 07-28-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2573786)
OK so the device is showing up but with 0 in/0 out... that may mean the driver is not working at all or may just be upset. Is the 002 connected and powered On? Leave it powered on and reboot your Mac... now what does it show up as more than 0 in/0 out.

This all at least makes more sense than two channels.... you should not ever see than.

You are clicked on the aggregate device in Audio MIDI Setup... but you hopefully are not trying to use that... and are using the 002 directly. I suspect your Pro Tools is starting up with the Aggregate Device as the Playback Engine and you are simply seeing the two audio outputs in that that are in that aggregate.

Yeah all I see is the aggregate. I also did the midi fix install.