Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   PT 10HD Physical RAM is running low (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=389080)

Annas 02-22-2017 05:23 AM

PT 10HD Physical RAM is running low

Hallo.

have the same problem I read almost all post and tried something to fix current problem, but didn't work.

1. My computer : Macbook Pro, OSX 10.9.5 13-inch, Late 2011

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

With two memory slots 2GB, 2GB (4GB)

2. DAW : Pro Tools HD10

Problem is that I'm working on a project in witch i use most Dly, and revers

and when I start working in this project PT says : Physical RAM is running low for better performance install more RAM.

In Playback Engine it was on 512 mb Cache Size and I put it on 1GB, but problem isn't solved PT says the same every time I start working in the same project and this happens in only one project.

H/W Buffer Size : 512 Samples

Host Processors : 4 Processors

CPU Usage Limit : 85%

Seems like everything is ok in the Playback Engine, but it still didn't helped.

after I put it on 1GB Cache Size now PT says: Physical RAM is running low. for better performance, reduce the Disk Cache Size in the Playback Engine or install more RAM.

I have also another problem about CPU when the project is playing it stops and PT says: A CPU overload error occurred. If this happens often, try increasing the ''H/W Buffer Size" in the Playback Engine Dialog, or removing some plug-ins. (-6101)

I would like to solve this problem without removing some plug-ins cause they are not too much and it means that in another project if i'll start using this number of plug-ins I'll got the same as in this project.

Thank you very much for any help <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Jenssen 02-22-2017 07:56 AM

Re: PT 10HD Physical RAM is running low

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annas (Post 2414020)
after I put it on 1GB Cache Size now PT says: Physical RAM is running low. for better performance, reduce the Disk Cache Size in the Playback Engine or install more RAM.

After you did this 1 of your 4 gb of ram is used for the disk cache.
If you set it to "normal", all 4 gb's will be available for PT.

Annas 02-22-2017 08:06 AM

Thanks for answer :)
Well I tried that also, but didn't help so its seems like changing Cache Size doesn't changes that problem :/ in outputs are also everything ok. So can't find out how to fix it

JFreak 02-22-2017 10:01 AM

You can fix it by installing more memory to the computer

Annas 02-22-2017 10:30 AM

will that fix also CPU overload problem?

JFreak 02-25-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annas (Post 2414108)
will that fix also CPU overload problem?

No. Memory is memory and CPU is CPU

Annas 02-25-2017 11:51 AM

I'm about to fix overall problem, so it means that installing more memory will help only for physical RAM and About CPU will still have to think what to do.

JFreak 03-01-2017 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annas (Post 2414784)
I'm about to fix overall problem, so it means that installing more memory will help only for physical RAM and About CPU will still have to think what to do.

Respectively, you can get better processor performance by upgrading the processor (or buying a new computer)

Annas 03-01-2017 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2415531)
Respectively, you can get better processor performance by upgrading the processor (or buying a new computer)

Somehow helpful answer, but not for this moment I just needed to save my project till i upgrade processor witch i don't know how to do or buying new computer. So I just exported all channels one by one and will bounce them also one by one and then in new session I'll import all of this audios I think and I hope It will help.

tundra 03-01-2017 07:10 AM

install more ram. 4GB is barely enough to run the OS.. and PT10 can only address 4GB of ram MAX anyways, since its not 64bit.