Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Lost my ilok (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=374767)

[email protected] 11-26-2015 10:33 PM

Lost my ilok

It seems that I lost my ilok. What's the procedure for getting a new ilok and being able to operate Protools using the new ilok? Is it a pain in the butt?

sw rec 11-26-2015 10:43 PM

Re: Lost my ilok

Yes. You'll have to contact I-lok directly...they should be able to retrieve your account info, but it's anybody's guess as to how this will play out. It's kind of like expecting Lexicon to give you a new 480L because your original unit disappeared. A good case for the I-lok "zero downtime" option. When I've dealt with I-lok over a BROKEN unit, they were beyond fair with me, but I'll be interested to see what happens with a MISSING (lost) one. The other half of the equation is, how many 3rd party developers will be willing to give you a replacement license? Please let us know what you find. And take another look at Zero Downtime.

[email protected] 11-27-2015 04:54 AM

It sounds like it would just be easier to switch to Studio One. That's alot to have to go through for another ilok, and I didn't know about the zero downtime when I purchased my setup. Damn

musicman691 11-27-2015 05:07 AM

ZDT won't cover a lost iLok. What would is to have TLC enabled BEFORE the loss occurred. TLC = theft or loss coverage.

Going to another daw won't solve the issue as a lot of plugins also use an iLok for license assets.

[email protected] 11-27-2015 08:42 AM

Most of my plugins do not require an iLok, but since I have neither ZDT or TLC, what would be my options and procedure for my iLok situation? I do not know how to fix this dilemma.

sw rec 11-27-2015 08:56 AM

Again, contact I-lok directly is your first step...

[email protected] 11-27-2015 09:28 AM

I'm surprised why so many people still deal with Protools, their customer service sucks and these type of situations are a lot to deal with. I didn't know I would have to stress out over losing my iLok. Its like I had a unicorn and I lost it. This is too much

sw rec 11-27-2015 11:51 AM

This is honestly no different than losing something like a piece of gear, or a 5/8" wrench out of your toolbox, or your car keys. Keeping track of our stuff isn't AVID's responsibility, or I-lok's responsibility. Have you talked to I-lok about your options yet?

DigiTechSupt 11-27-2015 12:38 PM

Hello mccoyrare. The steps are covered in the Lost, Stolen, or Broken iLok Policy article in the knowledge base. (You can find this by searching for 'lost iLok' using the Knowledge Base Search link above.)

Regards,
JC

[email protected] 11-27-2015 01:57 PM

Yea I agree with you I've had my Protools for many years. I have never lost my iLok, I honestly think it was stolen by someone close, but no one knows what happened to it. I'm bummed. Seriously.