Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Definitive answer on CPTK1 upgrade to PT11HD? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=337526)

Jon_Atkinson 04-14-2013 10:51 PM

Definitive answer on CPTK1 upgrade to PT11HD?

I'm really sorry if this has already been answered... I've tried to keep tabs on the other CPTK discussions elsewhere, but the answer to this question still eludes me.
Perhaps, can someone post a link here if this question has already been answered?
I've seen contradictory reports on whether CPTK1 will be eligible for the upgrade to HD11....
I've only seen reference to CPTK2, and even the Ideascale regarding the upgrade says "CPTK2".
There has been much conjecture that the ilok licences are the same for both 1 and 2, and this may very well be the case.... But it would be great to see something definitive that CPTK1 users are not going to be left in the cold.
Has anyone stumbled across an explicit answer to this?
Many thanks

crizdee 04-14-2013 11:13 PM

Re: Definitive answer on CPTK1 upgrade to PT11HD?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon_Atkinson (Post 2030225)
I'm really sorry if this has already been answered... I've tried to keep tabs on the other CPTK discussions elsewhere, but the answer to this question still eludes me.
Perhaps, can someone post a link here if this question has already been answered?
I've seen contradictory reports on whether CPTK1 will be eligible for the upgrade to HD11....
I've only seen reference to CPTK2, and even the Ideascale regarding the upgrade says "CPTK2".
There has been much conjecture that the ilok licences are the same for both 1 and 2, and this may very well be the case.... But it would be great to see something definitive that CPTK1 users are not going to be left in the cold.
Has anyone stumbled across an explicit answer to this?
Many thanks

Hi,

Yes CPTK 1 can be upgraded the same as CPTK 2 $999

I'll see if I can find something official! But it was one of the first things to be questioned and answered with a yes.

Chris

Jon_Atkinson 04-14-2013 11:16 PM

Much appreciated.
Thanks mate

Righty27 04-15-2013 12:09 AM

... and it would appear that, to upgrade, the CPTK will need to be registered with Avid i.e. unlikely if purchased 'used'.

Brock Mixwell 04-15-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crizdee (Post 2030231)
Hi,

Yes CPTK 1 can be upgraded the same as CPTK 2 $999

I'll see if I can find something official! But it was one of the first things to be questioned and answered with a yes.

Chris

Actually they state VERY clearly in this video @ 10mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alcPOrCfvnc

That the upgrade is CPTK2 ONLY

Jon_Atkinson 04-15-2013 12:32 AM

Which was my reason for questioning....

I've also seen confirmation of exactly the opposite.

Brock Mixwell 04-15-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon_Atkinson (Post 2030242)
I've also seen confirmation of exactly the opposite.

Where?

Jon_Atkinson 04-15-2013 03:41 AM

It was in the news feed on the AVID Q&A webchat on April 9th.

An answer given by AVID which directly contradicts another answer also given by AVID in the vid you posted.

Hence the reason for starting this thread, with a hope to getting clarity on this specific issue(not just for myself, but also for other users) without having to trawl through the hundreds of posts in the other CPTK thread...

Jon_Atkinson 04-15-2013 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Righty27 (Post 2030239)
... and it would appear that, to upgrade, the CPTK will need to be registered with Avid i.e. unlikely if purchased 'used'.

Ok, that doesn't affect me, but for the sake of clarity in this thread do you have a link to that?

crizdee 04-15-2013 04:22 AM

Hi,

The initial announcement did say CPTK2 but in later questions with Avid they said CPTK1 would also be included.

The FAQ for PT11 just says CPTK (Doesn't stipulate 1 or 2)...

Q: Why isn’t the Complete Production Toolkit supported with Pro Tools 11?
A: To ensure the greatest level of reliability and performance to customers who need extremely high tracks and channel counts, the premium set of tools previously available to Complete Production Toolkit owners will only be available to customers using the latest Pro Tools|HD family hardware with Pro Tools HD software. If you own the CPTK along with Pro Tools, you will have the opportunity to upgrade to Pro Tools HD 11 software for $999.

R.E. The upgrade path! i haven't seen anything official yet, But i believe that previous updates for CPTK and DVTK etc were only available to registered users. but i could be just an ilok surender. guess we'll know soon eneough.

Chris