Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   iOS control with an S6? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=370595)

Stereo Missile 08-07-2015 06:34 AM

iOS control with an S6?

Will it work?

I wouldn't want to do it under normal circumstances, but occasionally I need to track the piano in the studio when I'm on my own - would be nice not to have to do an 8 bar count off and run from the control room into the studio, throw on the headphones and wait for each take. :)

EddieJones 08-07-2015 07:52 PM

Re: iOS control with an S6?

It won't at the moment...at this time I can't say either way if it every will....but you obviously make a good point ;-)

rus5 02-04-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2282922)
It won't at the moment...at this time I can't say either way if it every will....but you obviously make a good point ;-)

Hi,

Just want to throw my two cents worth in as another S6 user that would like to be able to use this as well, and as it happens, for exactly the same reason stated by Stereo Missile. Would appreciate it if you could flow some user interest in the right direction within Avid??

Thanks,
Russ

EddieJones 02-04-2016 12:26 PM

It's already flowing ;-) I'm the S6 Product Designer and I fully see the use for this.

rus5 02-04-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2333276)
It's already flowing ;-) I'm the S6 Product Designer and I fully see the use for this.

Terrific Eddie - thanks very much!!

Marsdy 02-04-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stereo Missile (Post 2282730)
Will it work?

I wouldn't want to do it under normal circumstances, but occasionally I need to track the piano in the studio when I'm on my own - would be nice not to have to do an 8 bar count off and run from the control room into the studio, throw on the headphones and wait for each take. :)

+1 for this.

vudoo 03-15-2016 05:40 PM

If i understand correctly, Pro Tools control works with PT HD 12 as stand alone or with an S3 or artist Mix.

Are you guys saying it won't work at all if i have the S6 installed as it does not use the same Eucon as the two mentioned above ?

EddieJones 03-15-2016 05:52 PM

At the moment the Control App only works with EuControl. As you can't run WSControl and EuControl at the same time then no it can't be used with S6 yet. (Note: that you can install EuControl and WSControl at the same time but not run them simultaneously)

PatrickCusack 11-29-2017 09:40 AM

Is this still the case? That you can only use one protocol at a time? Either Eucontrol or WSControl? I have a mixer who uses an S6 with several players and saw an editor with the iPad Eucontrol application and wanted the same experience.

Also, As I am running S6 3.6.1 (which uses Eucon 4.0.xxx) what version of Eucontrol can I install alongside WSControl App? I installed EuControl 3.7 and then I noticed that my WSControl would crash when Protools launched. Segmentation error 11. :confused:

EddieJones 11-29-2017 10:03 AM

You can install EuControl and WSControl at the same time but they have to be the same version number otherwise they conflict (they share the same EUCON files)
In v3.8 you will be able to add the iPad Control App and run both EuControl and WSControl at the same time.