Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Sweetwater PT|Renewal 2018 Discount .. ? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401883)

TrentWilliams 11-09-2018 10:18 PM

Sweetwater PT|Renewal 2018 Discount .. ?

Hey all,

Around this time last year I renewed my Ultimate licence with Sweetwater - they were having some discount promotion. I have a feeling it was ~20% off.

What are the chances they’ll run that same promotion over BlackFriday?

29CountsNY 11-10-2018 07:17 AM

Re: Sweetwater PT|Renewal 2018 Discount .. ?

I’m pretty sure that was an Avid promotion or Black Friday sale.
I renewed also at that time.

Sugarnutz 11-10-2018 11:36 AM

Yeah it was like 20% and year's worth of Avid's all plugins bundle ($50 value). I think I paid $79 for a year of PT Vanilla.

Righty27 11-10-2018 12:18 PM

I guess none of us can do more than speculate but my guess is that it would be a bit strange for Avid to repeat this discount each year around Black Friday for a product (yearly update plan) that only some customers purchase around this period.

I actually just bought my renewal a couple of weeks ago (now about to expire) and, whilst I could maybe buy next year’s with a new discount offer, it would mostly be those customers whose plans expire late-November that would benefit.

FYI, Avid do currently have a renewal offer with Pro Limiter and Pro Compressor plugins (perpetual) included free - I found them in my account even though I don’t think the offer had been announced yet, so that was nice of Avid :)

BScout 11-10-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Righty27 (Post 2505331)
I could maybe buy next year’s with a new discount offer, it would mostly be those customers whose plans expire late-November that would benefit.

It benefits everyone equally. You can "move" your renewal date just by depositing a new renewal earlier on the same date every year. Only the first year would you be giving Avid funds early if you look at it as a yearly renewal.

SDDP 11-10-2018 01:56 PM

Most probably they will

However, just an FYI, if you get on Guitar Centers mailing list, both US mail and Email. They have %15 & %20 promotions several times a year.

Eric Lambert 11-10-2018 04:10 PM

Just a few days ago I asked my Sweetwater rep about discount pricing on subscription renewals and he said that they're unable to budge from Avid's prices. His price was the same as Avid's. I doubt that that policy is relaxed for Black Friday, unless Avid also lowers their price.

1m1 11-10-2018 04:37 PM

I got 20% off at RSPE on my subscriptions in early September of this year... that's another place you can check on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

BScout 11-10-2018 04:49 PM

All the previous sale pricing (as well as the start and end dates) comes from Avid and was available from all US dealers. It never comes from the dealer directly. (Sweetwater wasn't doing something "special")

Neither was RSPE on the September sale.

BScout 11-10-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDDP (Post 2505354)
However, just an FYI, if you get on Guitar Centers mailing list, both US mail and Email. They have %15 & %20 promotions several times a year.

A lot of the time Avid is excluded in the fine print for the GC mailers. (there was one time where you could apply a "cash back" bonus and they forgot to exclude Avid and the store manager and my GC Pro dealer were both surprised but went ahead and allowed it to be applied to the GC Pro pricing on some Avid hardware.)