Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Solo and Solo in Sends not coupled??? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=141697)

Andi R 07-12-2005 04:26 AM

Solo and Solo in Sends not coupled???

Hey all!
I want the Solo button in a Channel (above the Fader!) to not be coupled to the Solo in the 5 Sends.
With the Mute Button everything is going fine, but not with the Solo s....
I do monitoring for the musicians via the sends (of course pre fader) and have what I hear on the normal faders. So Output 1-2 go to my speakers, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 are the monitoring mixes.
What has to be done to make this work? I did not find anything in the manual either...

thanks guys!

Cheers, Andi

Andi R 07-14-2005 09:06 AM

Re: Solo and Solo in Sends not coupled???

anyone? or am I that stupid?

Cliffy_Boy 07-14-2005 09:12 AM

I think you want to Safe Solo the sends by Command-clicking solo button of the return bus channel. This way, soloing a track will not mute the sends.

Sevenlights 07-14-2005 09:40 AM

Yup, that's what I'd do too.

Rail Jon Rogut 07-14-2005 09:43 AM

I just checked on my system and PRE sends don't mute when the channel is muted via a solo. Look elsewehere for your problem (do you have Aux Masters not in solo isolate?).

Rail

Andi R 07-14-2005 11:07 AM

Thanks Guys, but I´m talking NOT about the MUTE Button, I am talking about the SOLO Button!
I want to hit Solo on the Channel and I DO NOT want the sends, that are in this Channel to go to Solo, too! I tried what u suggested, but that does not work.
As said before, I do the monitoring via the sends, and I want to PFL the stuff they play during record and playback, but of course I DO NOT want the other outputs that go to the headphones to do these Solo stuff as well! The musicians would be disturbed by my actions.

Thanks again!

Andi

Rail Jon Rogut 07-14-2005 11:24 AM

Right - reread my response.. "if the track is muted by another channel being soloed.. the pre send is not muted" -- This means you can have your cue sends on Pre and solo any tracks and it won't affect the cue mix.

Rail

Andi R 07-19-2005 10:40 AM

Quote:

Right - reread my response.. "if the track is muted by another channel being soloed.. the pre send is not muted" -- This means you can have your cue sends on Pre and solo any tracks and it won't affect the cue mix.

Rail

Sorry, Rail, I do not understand that.
I open a new session.
I create 1 mono audio track.
I create in this a.t. a send (a) to the outputs 3-4 of my digi002r.
now I have the send Fader on screen. in there I hit PRE.
NOW - if I hit solo in the Channel (not the send) the send goes to solo, too.
and vice versa.

and what is SOLO ISOLATE? I have not found this in the manual. I would be very cool, if you could show me! or just tell me the page it´s on...

Thanks a lot, man!

Andi

Rail Jon Rogut 07-19-2005 10:51 AM

You can isolate a track from soloing by Command clicking on it's solo button.. the solo button will gray out. Email me an example session (no audio) -- let me see what you're doing.

Rail

Andi R 07-19-2005 02:29 PM

Thanks Rail. You got email.