Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   9093 all day! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=396440)

[email protected] 01-18-2018 09:33 AM

9093 all day!

Had a super stable setup going on for a few weeks... Printed a pass last night.
This morning- 9093 in abundance. What?!
How are things changing constantly??

DetroitT 01-18-2018 09:53 AM

Re: 9093 all day!

PT Prefs trash AAE, PT 12.8.3,

***remove AVID Application Manager when synced/finished

Type of boot drive, type of work drive and how full (50% < >)?

What was the last software change?

albee1952 01-18-2018 10:11 AM

For me, disconnecting the internet solves 98% of -9093(I still have a wifi router connected to use my Artist Mix and iPad with the PT CONTROL app).

[email protected] 01-18-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2469708)
For me, disconnecting the internet solves 98% of -9093(I still have a wifi router connected to use my Artist Mix and iPad with the PT CONTROL app).

Internet disconnected. Errors non stop with NOTHING changed from last night.
All drives are SSD with PLENTY of space on them. Application manager get uninstalled THE SECOND PT installs it. Now getting 9172 as well.

(side note- depending on the iPad you have, you can run it with ethernet so no wifi needed-
https://www.lifewire.com/connect-ipa...t-port-1994242 )

john1192 01-18-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2469708)

hi dave, do you think it is your LAN or the connection to the outside world that is doing this ??

have you tried an ADHOC network for the PT Control App .. this might get you off the internet but keep you on you lan ..

i have thought about another option .. if you have Dual Band Routers .. keep the 5.6ghz portion off the net and just use the 3.2ghz for that .. so when you connect to 5.6ghz side you are only on the LAN ... now i am not a network Guru - so maybe someone can verify this ..

i might be able to test this out later today .. everything here is 3.2 except for PT Control and if i want my laptop on a separate band ..

just some thoughts to help you guys out a bit ..

cheers john

albee1952 01-18-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2469718)
hi dave, do you think it is your LAN or the connection to the outside world that is doing this ??

have you tried an ADHOC network for the PT Control App .. this might get you off the internet but keep you on you lan ..

i have thought about another option .. if you have Dual Band Routers .. keep the 5.6ghz portion off the net and just use the 3.2ghz for that .. so when you connect to 5.6ghz side you are only on the LAN ... now i am not a network Guru - so maybe someone can verify this ..

i might be able to test this out later today .. everything here is 3.2 except for PT Control and if i want my laptop on a separate band ..

just some thoughts to help you guys out a bit ..

cheers john

Hey John, sadly, my networking skills are way beneath all my other skills, AND my network setup is a tad convoluted(and here is everything I am qualified to describe;)). Cable comes in the building and hits Comcast Modem and Comcast Phone box. That network port feeds an enterprise-level Ethernet switch. The switch feeds(via Cat5e) 3 rooms(wired connections) and a wifi router in the office(general wifi for client use). The cable going to the control room hits a dual-band wifi router. This router serves to connect an Artist Mix, 2 computers(my PT rig and my mastering rig) and handles an iPad running the Control app. With the cable from the main switch connected, I get constant -9093 errors and transport stops. Viewing Task Manager>Network shows network spikes every 30 seconds(fairly consistently) and USUALLY shows a spike at the same time PT stops and throws the error. Disconnect from the main switch and I can go all day and have maybe a single -9093:o

musicman691 01-18-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2469748)
Hey John, sadly, my networking skills are way beneath all my other skills, AND my network setup is a tad convoluted(and here is everything I am qualified to describe;)). Cable comes in the building and hits Comcast Modem and Comcast Phone box. That network port feeds an enterprise-level Ethernet switch. The switch feeds(via Cat5e) 3 rooms(wired connections) and a wifi router in the office(general wifi for client use). The cable going to the control room hits a dual-band wifi router. This router serves to connect an Artist Mix, 2 computers(my PT rig and my mastering rig) and handles an iPad running the Control app. With the cable from the main switch connected, I get constant -9093 errors and transport stops. Viewing Task Manager>Network shows network spikes every 30 seconds(fairly consistently) and USUALLY shows a spike at the same time PT stops and throws the error. Disconnect from the main switch and I can go all day and have maybe a single -9093:o

See if you can get someone to upgrade that cat5 to cat 6. And try having them change the wifi channels.

john1192 01-18-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2469748)

ok, thx for that info .. since it seems to be ONLY the Wi-Fi portion .. your two rigs that are suffering .. "And try having them change the wifi channels" this is a good idea ..

and i assume you have tried connecting via Wired, without using Wi-Fi - maybe that was in this or another thread .. please excuse me if i bring something up that has been tried ..

musicman691 01-18-2018 03:13 PM

Seeing the word 'Comcast' reminded me of something we dealt with at home when we had them as our ISP and entertainment provider. The shielding on their systems is pathetic. At first I thought it was my ham radio gear getting into the system but it happened even with all my radios shut down and disconnected. Local fire & police radios were getting into the system, not to mention the radios the local taxis were using. Got rid of Comcast and Verizon has been clean as a whistle.

DetroitT 01-18-2018 03:29 PM

SSD's with trim enabled? (Some don't need this). I use Samsung EVO's and Disk Sensei)