Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   PT Restarts after Exiting, Endless Loop...? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406849)

Bulley 06-04-2019 03:18 AM

Can't close Pro Tools

Whenever I try to close down Pro Tools it restarts automatically. Tried trashing prefs but still does it.

Latest version but did it on the previous one as well.

Any ideas?

junkgear 06-04-2019 07:05 AM

Re: Can't close Pro Tools

Is there any Windows error message? Sometimes when an app crashes, Windows will try and restart it.

Bulley 06-04-2019 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkgear (Post 2528427)
Is there any Windows error message? Sometimes when an app crashes, Windows will try and restart it.

No error message. If I close Pro Tools as soon as it reboots it's fine, if I leave it a minute or so then it will try to restart if I close it.

theposterkid 07-16-2019 05:43 AM

I am experiencing the same issues. I close a session, and quit Pro Tools, and it immediately starts again. I have a MCU Pro and two MCU XT Pro’s connected and a Motu 16A connected via usb.

I get the same issue on 2018.12, 2019.5, and 2019.6, I have tried them all.

This is a new computer build. It only starts to happen after Windows Updates occur. In an attempt to fix this issue I did a fresh Windows install. I spent the afternoon installing plugins and driver for the Motu, and PT. The problem did not occur. I created a system restore point before the Windows updates. Windows updated, then the problem came back. I restored from my restore point, but the problem persists.
No Windows error messages.

Windows 10 Home build 1809. OS build 17763.107
Intel Core i5-9600k
32gb ram

theposterkid 07-16-2019 11:54 AM

Changing the playback engine to Windows Audio Device with my display monitor selected as the output has no bearing on the problem. Pro Tools still reopens itself. However, I have found that when I unplug my MOTU 16A usb cable and restart PT, it restarts itself LESS often. It almost makes it seem like the problem is gone. But after a few times of successfully closing and re-opening Pro Tools, without it opening itself back up, it eventually did it again even without the MOTU 16A connected.

hbhunt 08-11-2019 11:00 AM

I am having the same issue with Pro tools restarting itself. Never had this problem until I installed 2019.6 on my Windows 10 machine. When I startup and then open Pro Tools to work the first time I close it down it will restart itself. After that it works as it should.

I am using an Apollo interface. No error messages at all.

Bulley 08-12-2019 10:13 AM

Yep, I'm still having this problem, if anything it's worse, it used to be that if I closed it as soon as it opened I'd be okay but now it restarts itself everytime.

Jacbert 08-13-2019 11:04 AM

Me too!! Started with 2018 something.. I suspect Windows 10...
Very annoying and frustrating.

Jacbert..

theposterkid 09-10-2019 07:23 AM

...it's still doing it. Very frustrating.

mandal 09-11-2019 10:16 AM

Midi-related?