Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Focusrite Plugin Collective (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=386034)

Stephen Bond 11-02-2016 04:42 AM

Focusrite Plugin Collective

Well it seems well worthy of it's own thread so here goes!

https://us.focusrite.com/plugin-collective

This Month: Positive Grid Offer
Free Positive Grid BIAS FX LE guitar effects processor, for Focusrite customers throughout November.

Exclusively designed in partnership with Focusrite, BIAS FX LE gives you a taste of the fully fledged BIAS FX Pro. It includes 3 amps + 6 effects – the insanely great sounding ‘77 Silvertone (Clean), ‘69 Plexiglas (Crunch), and ‘92 Treadplate (High Gain) amplifiers. You also get the best pedals to expand your arsenal: a Treble Boost, 6 band EQ, a 808 OD stomp box, a Chorus, plus digital delay and reverb pedals.

BIAS FX is designed from the ground up with no-compromise mindset on sound quality. It comes with all the greatest and latest algorithms from our audio signal processing research, it provides significantly detailed and authentic emulation of analog pedals and studio racks, it has dual custom BIAS Amp Match models integration and dual signal chain. You can share and download thousands of pedalboards on the cloud via ToneCloud, Positive Grid’s cloud-based tone community.

So after a couple of false starts with seemingly server trouble yesterday I just got it installed. I just tried the first few presets and was more than impressed enough to make my way over here and evangelise about this freebie :D I have a good few virtual amps and stomps from Avid, NI, Waves, Plugin Alliance so that should put the post in perspective. Enjoy!

Stephen

JCBigler 11-02-2016 08:58 AM

Re: Focusrite Plugin Collective

It was cool a few months ago when they gave the full version of the Eventide Stereo 2016 reverb.

Not so impressed with the plugins they have had since.

LDS 11-02-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCBigler (Post 2393095)
It was cool a few months ago when they gave the full version of the Eventide Stereo 2016 reverb.

Not so impressed with the plugins they have had since.

It is ALWAYS cool, if you ask me. Free stuff is great. While some of the offers are less useful to me than others, I won't criticize them.

I just purchased an Antelope Audio interface. It retails for 20 times as much as the cheap little focusrite interface I bought off ebay... and what do they give me?

Nothing. Nadda. Zilch. Zip.

I look forward to see what kind of stuff Focusrite is giving out at the start of each month. The fact that it happens as the result of spending $100 on an interface from eBay is bloody marvelous. It certainly beats a kick in the pants.

amagras 11-03-2016 01:08 PM

The bias fx is a piece of garbage! It has a decent sound quality but doesn't save the settings within the session, it has problems converting from mono to stereo which makes mono presets sound like dual cab (function that isn't included in the free version) after a restart and it takes forever to load... It's a shame as a software and unusable as a plugin.

amagras 11-24-2016 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2393329)
The bias fx is a piece of garbage! It has a decent sound quality but doesn't save the settings within the session, it has problems converting from mono to stereo which makes mono presets sound like dual cab (function that isn't included in the free version) after a restart and it takes forever to load... It's a shame as a software and unusable as a plugin.

They fix it, after a lot of emails and a couple of beta versions it works fine now, great sound for an emulation and good customer service!

Stephen Bond 11-24-2016 08:52 AM

Cool! So time to download an update right?

Stephen

Stephen Bond 11-25-2016 02:40 AM

Well I downloaded the latest version and indeed the settings are saved along with the Pro Tools Session now :rolleyes:

Like the Line 6 Pod that came a few years ago, this give you a taste of what's on offer and can be frustrating if you attempt to use the presets which contain all of the kit you don't own and can buy. Anyhow, still worth checking out the free tones you can get. They still sound good to my ears so hoping I don't get hooked!

Stephen

amagras 11-25-2016 05:00 AM

You can also go to the cloud and try any tone you want, it will load the modules it needs to work even if you don't have them

Muddy-T 12-05-2016 07:20 PM

Re: Focusrite Plugin Collective - "In Case You Missed It"

December's FPC offer; all four freebies once again.

- Eventide's 2016 Stereo Room
- Izotope's Dynamic Delay
- SoundRadix's SurferEQ 2 Boogie
- Positive Grid's Bias FX LE

Just in case you missed any of these.

In your Focusrite account now...

amagras 12-05-2016 08:14 PM

Wow, that's cool Focusrite! Thanks!