Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Arturia VCollection 7 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408990)

musicman691 03-20-2020 02:30 PM

Arturia VCollection 7

Until April 7th Arturia is having a half-price sale on VCollection 7 at $249 US. If you are already an Arturia customer the upgrade to VC7 from VC6 in my case is $99 US. This is as low as the prices get with Arturia.

There is no cheaper price at Audio Deluxe but you would earn $29.88 in Deluxe bucks for VC7 new; AD doesn't carry the upgrade.

New synths are a Mellotron, Casio CZ V, Synthi V (which is the one with the pin grid). They show Analog Lab 4 and B3 V2 as new. There's also something called Synthopedia which is "800 brand new, modern sounds created for legacy V Collection instruments".

Southsidemusic 03-20-2020 06:20 PM

Re: Arturia VCollection 7

It’s an awesome bundle and with ANA2 and a few Arturia VI’s they made the last two The Weeknd songs and we use them on all our sessions.

Great sounds and very easy to use. Never had an issue with this install or upgrade from the last few versions to V7 now.

musicman691 03-21-2020 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2557711)
It’s an awesome bundle and with ANA2 and a few Arturia VI’s they made the last two The Weeknd songs and we use them on all our sessions.

Great sounds and very easy to use. Never had an issue with this install or upgrade from the last few versions to V7 now.

I've been a fan of Arturia's stuff since the original miniMoog and Moog Modular dropped. Sure a couple of synths can be cpu hogs but the sound - worth it and then some. I'm liking the Mellotron the best so far - it's the third one I have (there's one in Reason's Abbey Road keyboards refill, another in UVI Falcon).

BTW for anyone that remembers a while back I started a thread here about problems with the Arturia servers. Turns out from scanning their forums an Arturia person admitted that they did indeed have problems at about the same time.

Stephen Bond 03-21-2020 05:51 AM

I'm on VC 6 but I'll likely still be passing until 8 arrives.

There's no financial incentive to get incremental upgrades with Arturia and Native Instruments so one can cut the upgrade costs in half by skipping every other version.

Also, with the whole suite of 23 products costing only $249, $99 looks expensive for just 3.

Stephen

musicman691 03-21-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Bond (Post 2557749)
I'm on VC 6 but I'll likely still be passing until 8 arrives.

There's no financial incentive to get incremental upgrades with Arturia and Native Instruments so one can cut the upgrade costs in half by skipping every other version.

Also, with the whole suite of 23 products costing only $249, $99 looks expensive for just 3.

Stephen

Keep in mind that the upgrade at other times is WAY more than $99; $249 IIRC so $99 for three plugins is one heck of a good thing.

danevaz 03-23-2020 09:50 AM

I just picked up the V Collection 7 bundle as a new user.

It's a bit cheaper on BestService (@$207 US). Just be aware that if you're in the US it's a foreign transaction and your CC may add additional fees.

While the Pigments synth is not included as a separate plugin, there are about 30 patches in Analog Lab that do use Pigments.

As mentioned - very high quality sounds all around.

danevaz 03-23-2020 10:02 AM

Oh, and all the stories about extremely slow Arturia downloads seems to have been addressed. Arturia now has an "Arturia Software Center" (ASC) from which you can download the individual synth plug-ins and Analog Lab one at a time.

I'm in northeast US with a 200 Mbsp download speed and I didn't have any trouble (well, see below...).

Just be aware that the ASC app hides the actual install app. So it looks like the ASC app is just sitting in an endless loop indicating "Downloading" or "Installing" - but in fact the actual install app is hidden behind the main ASC window waiting for your input. Just move the ASC window out of the way and proceed with the individual plugin install.

musicman691 03-23-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danevaz (Post 2557954)

It's a bit cheaper on BestService (@$207 US). Just be aware that if you're in the US it's a foreign transaction and your CC may add additional fees.

While the Pigments synth is not included as a separate plugin, there are about 30 patches in Analog Lab that do use Pigments.

As mentioned - very high quality sounds all around.

I've never had any extra fees added - I use Paypal. The again I don't use Best Service but go direct to Arturia as Audio Deluxe doesn't discount Arturia stuff.
Quote:

Originally Posted by danevaz (Post 2557956)
Oh, and all the stories about extremely slow Arturia downloads seems to have been addressed. Arturia now has an "Arturia Software Center" (ASC) from which you can download the individual synth plug-ins and Analog Lab one at a time.

I'm in northeast US with a 200 Mbsp download speed and I didn't have any trouble (well, see below...).

Just be aware that the ASC app hides the actual install app. So it looks like the ASC app is just sitting in an endless loop indicating "Downloading" or "Installing" - but in fact the actual install app is hidden behind the main ASC window waiting for your input. Just move the ASC window out of the way and proceed with the individual plugin install.

I've not had the ASC application hide any installer window. When a particular plugin is finished downloading the update screen for that plugin comes up in front of the ASC itself. Arturia has had ASC for a couple of years now and has nothing to do with how fast or slow things download. And if you have multiple things to be updated ASC keeps churning in the background while you do the install/upgrade.

Stephen Bond 03-23-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danevaz (Post 2557954)

It's a bit cheaper on BestService (@$207 US).

This makes the $99 upgrade for three products even more absurd!

Understood, Arturia initially had upgrades at $199 but that was just ludicrous and scores of people voiced their opinion, hence the drop to a more reasonable $99.

Either way, 23 products at $207 is $9 each where as 3 products in the upgrade works out at $33 per product.

Loyal customers are being penalised quite heavily. I'd like the products in the upgrade but I'm in no rush to part with yet another $100 to Arturia with this kind of on going disrespect. Same goes for Native Instruments.

Stephen

musicman691 03-23-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Bond (Post 2557959)
This makes the $99 upgrade for three products even more absurd!

Understood, Arturia initially had upgrades at $199 but that was just ludicrous and scores of people voiced their opinion, hence the drop to a more reasonable $99.

Either way, 23 products at $207 is $9 each where as 3 products in the upgrade works out at $33 per product.

Loyal customers are being penalised quite heavily. I'd like the products in the upgrade but I'm in no rush to part with yet another $100 to Arturia with this kind of on going disrespect. Same goes for Native Instruments.

Stephen

False equivalency in your pricing.