Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   iLok activation errors on plugins (AAE-7504) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=366726)

diogo_c 04-09-2015 05:29 PM

iLok activation errors on plugins (AAE-7504)

Hey everyone,

I'm getting a lot of the following ilok authorization errors when opening a session:

http://i.imgur.com/fIsOnde.png

It's quite random and affects random plugins, making them inactive on a project. Even PT's stock plugins are affected by it sometimes. If I try to make them active I'll get a AAE-7504 error.

I've tried updating ilok software, tried the dongle on different ports, triple-checked power settings to make sure they're not set to turn off the usb ports, thrashed PT preferences and no luck so far. Anything else I should look for?

Regards!

diogo_c 04-12-2015 06:03 AM

Re: Ilok activation errors on plugins (AAE-7504)

No one?

jonathan jetter 04-12-2015 07:25 AM

i've been getting those errors sporadically on 11.2.1 and 11.3.

hasn't happened when opening a session, but rather when instantiating plugins in a session.

i've tried all the same things you have. nothing's solved it permanently.

closing + relaunching PT fixes it temporarily.

guitardom 04-12-2015 09:37 AM

Ilok in a usb3 port?

diogo_c 04-12-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2253102)
Ilok in a usb3 port?

Not at the moment, but I've tried - same thing.

Benoni 04-13-2015 07:05 AM

I've seen this happen with Media Composer but not Pro Tools. Haven't got to the bottom of it yet.

Hexman311 01-06-2019 07:43 PM

I know this is an old thread but I am really desperate and I'm wondering if diogo_c or anyone else ever found a solution to this issue.

Nearly every time I open a session with plugins, that same iLok error message pictured at the top of this thread comes up for each plugin it's about to make inactive. Sometimes it's just D-verb, sometimes it's several. (usually only happens with PT stock plugins) I have contacted iLok, uninstalled and reinstalled iLok's license manager, re-sync'd and even tried reinstalling PT but it nothing works.

What am I not doing here?! PLEASE HELP

Dell Precision m6700
Windows 7 pro 64 bit
PT 11.3.1
Focusrite 18i20

musicman691 01-07-2019 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexman311 (Post 2511802)
I know this is an old thread but I am really desperate and I'm wondering if diogo_c or anyone else ever found a solution to this issue.

Nearly every time I open a session with plugins, that same iLok error message pictured at the top of this thread comes up for each plugin it's about to make inactive. Sometimes it's just D-verb, sometimes it's several. (usually only happens with PT stock plugins) I have contacted iLok, uninstalled and reinstalled iLok's license manager, re-sync'd and even tried reinstalling PT but it nothing works.

What am I not doing here?! PLEASE HELP

Dell Precision m6700
Windows 7 pro 64 bit
PT 11.3.1
Focusrite 18i20

I see you're on Windows and those machines have power savings measures turned on by default even for desktops. Go to Windows Control Panel Device Manager (IIRC) and turn off all power savings measure for the USB ports.

BTW if you want to find diogo c he's an administrator over on Gearslutz

Hexman311 01-07-2019 01:57 PM

Musicman, thanks for the reply. I tried disabling the power saving measures on the USB ports but no luck. Maybe I'll reach out to diogo_c and see if he was able to resolve it.

Or maybe someone will have another suggestion on here.

Either way, thank you

Top Jimmy 01-07-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexman311 (Post 2511902)
Or maybe someone will have another suggestion on here.

Go into the Services panel and start "Pace License Services". IIRC, this service is set to start manually when the presence of an iLok is detected. Sometimes that mechanism gets broken for some reason. Change the service to start automatically and it should solve your problem.