Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ProControl, Control|24, Command|8 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=338894)

P,B,S 08-08-2013 04:50 PM

Re: Control|24 with Pro Tools 11?

I have not used my Pro Tools system once since PT11 came out.
Currently ALL avid products I have are up for sale.
I doubt I will ever waist anouther penny on there stuff.

IM NOT EVEN JOKING.
If its avid, I can not support it, and will have to voice my opinion about it.

P,B,S 08-08-2013 04:51 PM

Nuendo avid
and I hope it hurts

YYR123 08-08-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcwiz (Post 2071561)
Have to echo Bob Olhsson's sentiment here and say cussing and bashing Avid is not going to help.

Devils advocate here !!! I'm going to say it's probably not going to hurt the chances of you getting that control 24 driver either if you drop the fbomb

Sure you might get the infraction but it's probably not going to make a break when you get the driver or not

Kenny Gioia 08-08-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson (Post 2071474)

Unfortunately this middle ground turned out not to be a sustainable business for Avid as their products matured and older versions were still getting the job done for many. And that's not to mention the dire financial problems most smaller audio and video production operations find themselves in today because of shrinking budgets.

I would never say we owe buying upgrades to Avid but I don't think Avid really owes us a thing.

Absolutely. I still have Mac Dual G5's running HD3 systems with PCI cards that playback 128 tracks without blinking. Upgrading will not make me any more money. It's a luxury and a tax write off.

But here's the thing. If Avid has abandoned this middle market that still uses their products but doesn't keep buying their newer products, isn't it our responsibility to move away from them as well?

Isn't this decision Avid forcing our hand? Pay up or go away?

Most people in this thread are not talking about a $599 software upgrade. If we're using HD Systems now, then we're upgrading to HDX which is a decent chunk of change and we shouldn't be on the "pay no mind" list.

The way that I look at it. This was a decision that was made with a decent understanding of who would be left behind and be angry about it.

It's like that scene in "Fightclub" where Ed Norton describes how companies will weigh out what will cost more, the lawsuits or the recall of the product to avoid those lawsuits. You can't choose the lawsuit route and then get mad when people sue you.

Kenny Gioia 08-08-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2071564)
Devils advocate here !!! I'm going to say it's probably not going to hurt the chances of you getting that control 24 driver either if you drop the fbomb

Sure you might get the infraction but it's probably not going to make a break when you get the driver or not

Getting tired of repeating this.

If this thread gets locked because people can't be civil, than you do lose and it does hurt your chance of getting the driver.

And point two. You could also be civil because that's what good people do.

I'm always amazed in my business dealings how stupid or inconsiderate people will go out of their way to show you how stupid or inconsiderate they are. As if it's a warning sign they wear on their heads.

It's like this. If you don't see the benefit of acting like a professional, you shouldn't expect anyone to treat you with respect.

Bob Olhsson 08-08-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia (Post 2071566)
... If Avid has abandoned this middle market that still uses their products but doesn't keep buying their newer products, isn't it our responsibility to move away from them as well?

Isn't this decision Avid forcing our hand? Pay up or go away?

Not really. If your old system gets the job done, use it! If you need to collaborate with folks using 10 or 11, move your cards into an expansion chassis or a PC and upgrade to 10.

Brag about the quality of your work and not your software or hardware. Who really cares if your work is superb? We've never had nearly as many choices in different Pro Tools rigs before. There are also used bargains galore in both computers and Pro Tools hardware.

YYR123 08-08-2013 06:57 PM

Look I warned everyone and I didn't say the bomb anyway - but as it is now over 1000 post and you think avid has changed their minds? Really ?? I am not anti avid and i usually don't rip them per se but if u think by not dropping the fbomb will make a difference in a driver for a very expensive piece of gear - I don't believe those people are living in reality

Yes let's be nice but remember fbomb's won't keep it from getting here and nice wont keep it away

louieshowers 08-08-2013 11:59 PM

Kenny, your advice can ring true full circle.. if a company does not behave "civil" than it should not expect its victims to act civil in return. Same goes for moderators, and other "experts".. if you seem biased, insensitive, coercive, provocative, condescending, and /or minimizing, please don't get your hopes up for sheep-like posts. We (avid customers) are not stats on a spread sheet.. It is perfectly acceptable to react with anger and frustration and I refuse to accept the idea that simply showing that you have a pulse on this forum deems you someone to ignore, dismiss or discredit. I beg to differ from this sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia (Post 2071568)

If this thread gets locked because people can't be civil, than you do lose and it does hurt your chance of getting the driver.

And point two. You could also be civil because that's what good people do.

I'm always amazed in my business dealings how stupid or inconsiderate people will go out of their way to show you how stupid or inconsiderate they are. As if it's a warning sign they wear on their heads.

It's like this. If you don't see the benefit of acting like a professional, you shouldn't expect anyone to treat you with respect.

karmaudio 08-09-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

You could also be civil because that's what good people do.

In my buiseness dealings,
you can only be civil to those that are civil.
otherwise you are asking please sir may I have another

sometime you have to fight fire with fire
a 1000 pages of civil got us nothing, I think were out of civil
light the torches grab the pitch forks and hangem high :mad:

karmaudio 08-09-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

In my personnal life
I acted as professional as it gets.
In retururn I was forgotten , lied about , and waisted 3 years of dedication like I have never gave before.

I LIVED I LEARNED
my actions do represent the lessons I have learned from that life altering incident and will most likely continue to do so.
How does one trust a intity that has clearly proven it will leave you like it never even mattered, Then ask you to be civil about it. :mad: