Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Slate Digital AAX-DSP? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=350910)

treason 02-09-2014 01:34 PM

Slate Digital AAX-DSP?

Back in April 2012 here, Slate announced AAX-DSP support. We're all aware of the delays from Slate Digital (I'm quite anxious for their release), however with the apparent approaching onslaught of Slate Digital plugs about to be released in AAX format - do we have any ideas if these new versions will also include AAX-DSP? One of the strong influencers for my purchase of HDX was Slate's statement above.

Steven? Any comments?

Southsidemusic 02-09-2014 01:41 PM

Re: Slate Digital AAX-DSP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by treason (Post 2130654)
Back in April 2012 here, Slate announced AAX-DSP support. We're all aware of the delays from Slate Digital (I'm quite anxious for their release), however with the apparent approaching onslaught of Slate Digital plugs about to be released in AAX format - do we have any ideas if these new versions will also include AAX-DSP? One of the strong influencers for my purchase of HDX was Slate's statement above.

Steven? Any comments?

Hey

As far as I have understood them (Slatedigital) there will be AAX Native for now and haven't heard anything regarding AAX-DSP unfortunately. however I have only talked to one guy there who help us out immensly with an issue with SSD4 Platinum and he did a super job taking over our computer from the US. I asked him a few other things afterwards and DSP versions were on of them :o

Hopefully I am wrong and Slate will come out with AAX-DSP and we will all have a ball :p

Best Regards
Christopher

TOM@METRO 02-09-2014 02:33 PM

While I have every reason to have reservations, Steven did say we would get DSP versions. I sure hope we do, as that's when this company will come to life for me.

Mike496 02-09-2014 02:44 PM

I'm in the same boat with you. I'm hoping to get Slate AAX DSP ASAP!

roberts 02-09-2014 04:23 PM

Last time I asked Slate that question I got a different answer. It was "we'll see after getting native out"

Mike496 02-09-2014 05:15 PM

I wonder if we'll see a Q1 roll out of the remaining must have AAX plugins in Native and then see a end of Q2 - Q3 AAX DSP roll out as paid feature upgrades.

mesaone 02-09-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike496 (Post 2130718)
then see a end of Q2 - Q3 AAX DSP roll out as paid feature upgrades.

Given the way Slate released extra VCC models (Trident and RC-Tube) and didn't charge extra, maybe they will follow suit with any DSP upgrade.

JFreak 02-09-2014 11:04 PM

Just want to get AAX-native of FG-X and VTM as in yesterday :D :D :D

tamasdragon 02-10-2014 01:20 AM

Unfortunately they're still not ready with AAX native, so I think there are two possibilities here. One, they are so occupied with this recoding process that AAX DSP is not on their radar yet, or they are very cleverly planning the recode process, so AAX DSP is not far away from the Native release.

audioluche 02-10-2014 05:34 AM

Yep,

Steven said they were doing it, hope they dont change their minds.
That would be very disappointing.