Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Fiddle anyone?????? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=263522)

danander11 01-07-2010 07:33 AM

Fiddle anyone??????

Don't ask why.. 'cuz I don't know. But I've got it in my head that I need a decent VI that has a fiddle in it... not an orchestral violin, not even a gypsie violin... I want a fiddle.

I came across a sample mp3 for SonicVox (I think) MUSE.. it was alright, but I can't find anyone that has it down here... or anyone that's used/using it for that matter..

Does anyone here use MUSE? Anyone have suggestions on another VI with a fiddle?

I'm getting old I think... :D

Rubicon 01-07-2010 09:19 AM

Re: Fiddle anyone??????

Fiddle would be great. Don't forget to add all the key-switching for bends and FF, pp, and make sure round robin perfectly reproduces repeated notes. And a separate key-switch for vibrato as well.

Oh wait a sec! No one has made one yet! (IMHO)

Unless you count the silly GM "fiddle"...

Just fiddle-ing around! Good luck with the search. Possibly a Marc Violin would work..

Rubicon

chrisdee 01-11-2010 02:21 AM

Could I suggest getting a real fiddle ?

Like the guitar and most other string instruments there are so many variations and ways to play it that it's impossible to realistically recreate into one VI.

nod25 01-11-2010 03:14 AM

Chris Hein would be good for this, but he doesn't do a fiddle...

danander11 01-11-2010 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdee (Post 1531001)
Could I suggest getting a real fiddle ?

Like the guitar and most other string instruments there are so many variations and ways to play it that it's impossible to realistically recreate into one VI.

LOL.. Sure! Suggest away.. but once you heard me play it you would offer to write a prog for it... ;)

I only want it for songwriting.. any 'real' recording would get a 'real' fiddle player to play on it..

There actually is one I found in a VI package, MUSE.. but it's no longer offered. The company broke out all of the instruments into individual ones.. I tried the banjo and for $22 it's OK for song writing, (better than the sampletank one).. I asked them about getting their fiddle.. They told me no. :D

I did like it though.. just scratchy enough to sound right.

Kinh 01-13-2010 07:19 PM

The Kinh has a suggestion. Dont use virtual instruments for anything other than synths and electric drums. The truth is this, you cannot get even remotely close to reproducing a strumming guitar, fiddle, pedal steel etc if these instruments require a particular technique and feel to play them. Theoretically and in practice its imposible to do so via a keyboard regardless of how many key switches or pedals you use.

These types of vsts are tailored for people who are relatively new to writing music and dont really understand the difference yet. If you want to produce real music, use real instruments otherwise the quality and heart just wont be there.
And I am the Kinh.

nod25 01-13-2010 07:31 PM

The Kinh has spoken :rolleyes: :D

danander11 01-13-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinh (Post 1533088)
These types of vsts are tailored for people who are relatively new to writing music and dont really understand the difference yet. If you want to produce real music, use real instruments otherwise the quality and heart just wont be there.
And I am the Kinh.

Apparently the Kinh needs the TamaraMuseReadthewholepost plugin... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by danander11 (Post 1531064)
I only want it for songwriting.. any 'real' recording would get a 'real' fiddle player to play on it...

Peace!

Kinh 01-14-2010 07:29 PM

Long live the Kinh!