Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Moving song sections (beginner's question) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=257713)

bontay 10-25-2009 06:15 PM

Moving song sections (beginner's question)

Does anyone out there know how to create a space between sections of a song? I want to insert a moment of silence in between parts and can't figure out how to do it! Unfortunately "Insert Silence" doesn't do it...

Thanks!

B

Keybeeetsss 10-25-2009 06:21 PM

Re: Moving song sections (beginner's question)

Insert strip silence maybe:confused:

albee1952 10-25-2009 06:23 PM

Group all your tracks, place a cut on any track and drag the regions after the cut to the right. The ALL group will make the action happen to ALL tracks at once.

bontay 10-25-2009 06:27 PM

Great, thanks! There is one catch that I forgot to mention, though - the tempo changes in the second section......how do I make it so that the tempo from that moment to the rest of the song is attached to the cut?

Keybeeetsss 10-25-2009 06:29 PM

Does the tempo change back to the 1st tempo @ any point? & really, u can just drag the temp marker...

bontay 10-25-2009 06:44 PM

Well, it's actually a very complicated song tempo-wise. It changes with each section. There are seven tempo changes or something so it would be very difficult to line everything up to the marker that I move if it's not on the grid....Is there no way to connect tempo to regions or vice versa?

Keybeeetsss 10-25-2009 07:02 PM

Why do u need strip silence? jus askin...

bontay 10-25-2009 07:07 PM

To tell you the truth I don't know what strip silence is! I just need there to be a quiet break between two sections in a song that are currently right after one another on a grid with changing tempo. I can't figure out how to move sections without throwing the rest of the song of the tempo map....very frustrating and my deadline is tomorrow! Eeesh

Keybeeetsss 10-25-2009 07:18 PM

Well thatz why I'm asking... Are the songs connected rite now? (for lack of a better word) if not, jus mute everything in between & I don't think, although I'm not 100% sure because I don't use Strip Silence, but I don't think they add to the timeline but don't quote me on that...

TOM@METRO 10-26-2009 02:05 AM

Am I missing something, can't you just copy an empty bar and past it at will, moving everything including the intact timeline forward?:confused: