Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Controlling Avid Pre? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398633)

jgaz 04-13-2018 12:40 PM

Controlling Avid Pre?

Hi,

We have 64 channels of Focusrite MP8R's (remote controllable microphone preamps with converters and a dante interface) that are configured to emulate the Avid Pre protocol so we can control them from within pro tools.

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure either encoders or faders on any of the Avid Artist series devices to be a tactile control for the preamp section on a mix window channelstrip?

Thanks!

Jeff

its2loud 04-14-2018 09:37 PM

Re: Controlling Avid Pre?

1 Attachment(s)
Can’t say for certain but if you enable the mic pre option in protools it shows up on the GUI. Therefore, it stands to reason that it will show as a control on the Artist Mix. This is how it works on the S6. It will probably show up on the Input controls.

Attachment 10326

Audioartist 04-18-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its2loud (Post 2484828)
Can’t say for certain but if you enable the mic pre option in protools it shows up on the GUI. Therefore, it stands to reason that it will show as a control on the Artist Mix. This is how it works on the S6. It will probably show up on the Input controls.

Attachment 10326

Wow! Did not know about this and have been missing it for years and its been there all the time.

BScout 04-18-2018 12:38 PM

There is no Input control on the Artist Mix (yet!). Input selection but no control like the S6. And the Control/Dock input control is limited to off/on. This is something that is brought up often for these units.

Audioartist 04-18-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2485271)
There is no Input control on the Artist Mix (yet!). Input selection but no control like the S6. And the Control/Dock input control is limited to off/on. This is something that is brought up often for these units.

Just tried it and I had control over all parameters on my andiamo mc pre.

BScout 04-18-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audioartist (Post 2485286)
Just tried it and I had control over all parameters on my andiamo mc pre.

Could you add some specifics (as your signature seems out of date if you are on 12): Did you do this from the Artist Mix? If so where and where did the parameters pop up (spilled once selecting the track)?

If you did it from Control, was it the Channel tab page and "Input"? (as the Mixer, Tracks and Attentioned fader pop up have practically no control)

Audioartist 04-18-2018 02:19 PM

I am on 11.3.2.
Works on artist control and mix.
Press Shift + input.
Page right
Parameters on encoders

Audioartist 04-18-2018 02:20 PM

Shift meaning the button on the surface

BScout 04-18-2018 04:19 PM

Thanks

jgaz 04-19-2018 10:58 AM

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audioartist (Post 2485296)
I am on 11.3.2.
Works on artist control and mix.
Press Shift + input.
Page right
Parameters on encoders