Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HEAT (Harmonically enhanced Algorithm Technology) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=280179)

soulipsist 03-03-2014 03:33 AM

Re: HEAT (Harmonically enhanced Algorithm Technology)

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me.

I got a PT9HD system on an older Intel Mac Pro from around 2008.
Now I just baught HEAT, activated it, so now it shows up registered on my Avid account and I also transferred it already to my iLok (newer version).

Nevertheless everything looks fine so far, when launching Pro Tools I get a message that I need to renew my HEAT activation (there is an old trial version on my iLok account I might have had installed but never used, hmm) bacause the trial period expired! (?) I double-checked my ilok account and yes there is an expired trial version of HEAT AND the regular HEAT activation on the iLok. I looked for a way to delete that trial version entry but there seems to be no way. But that shouldnt be a problem anyway.

I download HEAT from my Avid account, installed it and thought that should work (version 10.2 I think). But no, seems to only work with PT10 I guess. I deleted it from the plug-ins folder and installed an older version that came with the Pro Tools 9.0.5 full installer (I have 9.0.6 installed but there's only a 9.0.5 full installer available to download) , same same.

What am I missing here? Or getting wrong? How do I activate HEAT properly on my PTHD9.06 system? I mean I can install it and I have a valid activation on my ilok. But I still get the pop-up window when launching PT?!? Why doesnt PT see I got it activated? Please, anyone, any idea?

Bruce Paine 03-03-2014 11:07 AM

Have you downloaded the latest iLok License Manager from www.iLok.com ?

If not, do that, then follow the Sync & Repair instructions on the Known Issues page:
https://www.ilok.com/knownissues.html

That should remove expired trial versions from the actual iLok, although it will still show up on your account.

Also, what is your HD hardware setup?

soulipsist 03-04-2014 09:51 AM

Hi Bruce,
Yes the License Manager should be uptodate. But thank you for the idea with that known issues page. I'll check that out tonight. :)

My hardware setup is a HD3 TDM system running on a ~2008 MacPro, Software is PTHD9.0.6 on OSX Lion. The step over to a new PT11 system is currently not an option for me. I'm only rec/mixing my band and some ideas, time's too short for more currently but it's great to have such a setup at home and I wouldnt want to miss it :)

soul 12-28-2015 09:46 PM

HEAT Drive setting... 10 oclock or 2 oclock? I just started using it. Im setting the drive at 10 and the tone at 2 for a rock mix. That sound right? Overall, very pleasing but now I feel I lost too much high end.

JFreak 12-28-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul (Post 2323613)
HEAT Drive setting... 10 oclock or 2 oclock? I just started using it. Im setting the drive at 10 and the tone at 2 for a rock mix. That sound right? Overall, very pleasing but now I feel I lost too much high end.

Lost? I think you get more high end the more "right" you turn the tone knob... Careful with the drive knob, don't overdo it.

soul 12-29-2015 07:40 PM

Yea true the tone toward the right adds high end. Dont get me wrong, I like the sound of it. Just wondering about others opinions on the drive knob setting. The posts Ive read suggest keeping it at 10 oclock.

mixer 11-03-2016 01:51 PM

hit the arrow on the right bottom of the mix window and a lane will appear with the adjustment knobs.. I had to purchase heat separate from hd.. never knew it was included..was always an add on.. unless it's changed