Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Intro Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Virtual Drummer Plug in issues (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401751)

Andy Ewings 10-31-2018 11:48 PM

Virtual Drummer Plug in issues

Guys,
I have the latest pro Tools first, a licensed copy of the plug in purchased through the marketplace. It’s downloaded to the correct files on the Pc as per the instructions. I've deleted the app data preferences a few times, restarted the computer.
I’ve got a stereo instrument track open but it’s still not showing up, all I can access is expand2 and the normal stock plug ins.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Darryl Ramm 11-01-2018 12:10 AM

Re: Virtual Drummer Plug in issues

Is the .aaxplugin file actually in the plugin folder, what exact full file path? .. just tell us the hard facts instead of telling us you think stuff is correct.

Do you see the plugin load at Pro Tools Startup?

Does the instrument need to be inserted on a stereo instrument track? What track are you trying to work on? << pay attention to this

Are you looking in the correct multichannel or multimono insert pulldown menu? << pay attention to this

Have you read the documentation for the plugin? (esp. related to the two points above).

Andy Ewings 11-05-2018 01:24 PM

Cheers,
VD-HEAVY.aaxplugin is sitting in this file path ( My system is 32bit Windows 7)

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

its also sitting here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

and I`ve followed this from the UJAM website.

Many users asked us, how the initial set up of UJAM Instruments Plug-ins works in Pro Tools. Well, here is the answer:

Please make sure, that you have installed the AAX plug-in file to this location:

OSX - {SYSDRIVE}:/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins
Win 32-bit - {SYSDRIVE}:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins
Win 64-bit - {SYSDRIVE}:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

Note: If you use a custom AAX folder you’ll have to move the file there manually.

Additionally, you might want to know how to properly use UJAM Instruments plug-ins in Pro Tools. Of course, there's an answer to this question too. Come along:

Create a new Stereo instrument track
Load either Virtual Guitarist, Virtual Drummer, or Beatmaker as a Multichannel plug-in (please find it in the “UJAM” folder of that category)
Please note that this workflow doesn't apply to a Mono channel or as a Multi mono plug-in.

Darryl Ramm 11-05-2018 03:16 PM

So are you really sure you are using a stereo instrument track? That is a really common issue and easy mistake to make. Don’t assume, actually go check.

Do you see the plugin load at startup?

Southsidemusic 11-05-2018 10:05 PM

Do they have a AAX32 bit version in that download otherwise it won't work as most plugins are AAX64 bit nowadays. Check that with UJAM website. PT First os a 64 bit app and which only runs AAX64 bit plugins.

Does it state the VD is compatible with a 32 bit win system on the download site?

DigiTechSupt 11-06-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Ewings (Post 2504414)
Guys,
I have the latest pro Tools first, a licensed copy of the plug in purchased through the marketplace. It’s downloaded to the correct files on the Pc as per the instructions. I've deleted the app data preferences a few times, restarted the computer.
I’ve got a stereo instrument track open but it’s still not showing up, all I can access is expand2 and the normal stock plug ins.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

I believe that this is an on going issue and the IT team is already working on this.

It would be best to open a support case through http://avid.force.com/Support/Regist...eation#s=step1 so they can monitor the issue under your account.

Andy Ewings 11-06-2018 12:57 PM

Cheers for the help guys, I’ll get onto the support case in a minute.

The 32bit files are showing in the folders, on startup it says plugins are being loaded but it dosnt specifically mention the UJAM ones.

I’m opening the stereo track from the Top tool bar , New Track and then selecting stereo and instrument as the types. Then adding the plug ins which only as stated above, only give me access to the standard ones and expand 2.

Andy Ewings 11-06-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 2504893)
I believe that this is an on going issue and the IT team is already working on this.

It would be best to open a support case through http://avid.force.com/Support/Regist...eation#s=step1 so they can monitor the issue under your account.

I opened a case and received a very quick reply that as I’m a Pro Tools First user I’m not entitled to any support and was just directed to the knowledge base which unsurprisingly dosnt offer any help with this issue🤦*♂️