Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Auto tune 4 bug or is it something i missed? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=252667)

audioluche 08-21-2009 05:52 PM

Auto tune 4 bug or is it something i missed?

Hi,

Since i couple of weeks, when i try to work with Atune v 4.4.0 in graphical mode, i have this bug:

I put the plugn in tracking mode, all is fine. I do my tweaks, and when i try to put the plugin in correct mode, as soon as i enter this mode, the plugin goes into play, not waiting that i initiate playback in pro tools, so its unusable.

Before, as long as i can recall, everytime i put it in correction mode, it was waiting playback in pro tools and synced perfectly.

Could it be a preference that changed in PT? Or is it a bug....:confused:

Any help or suggestion would be welcome!

Thank you

Luc

PT 7.4 cs2, osx.4.9 G5 dual 2.5 , 3.5gig ram, HD3 accel.

audioluche 08-22-2009 08:47 PM

Re: Auto tune 4 bug or is it something i missed?

Anyone?:(

Scott Goldberg 08-23-2009 11:15 AM

Check top see if AT 4 is compatible with your 7.4 system. It could be outdated. AT 5 is the one that is OK for sure and so are the new versions of course.

audioluche 08-23-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Goldberg (Post 1446368)
Check top see if AT 4 is compatible with your 7.4 system. It could be outdated. AT 5 is the one that is OK for sure and so are the new versions of course.

Thanks Scott. I checked the plugin list in the support section and 4.4.0 is ok with 7.4 and Tiger. They recommand v5 but i never had problems with 4.4.0 before on 7.4 and i use it a lot in graphical mode. I wonder what is causing this...

Looks like i will need to upgrade to Evo but i wanted to wait for my PT 8 system to be usable before doing so but that's another story:(

WernerF 08-23-2009 07:24 PM

P Tools 8 is way usable for me. Day after 10 hour day. No crash's or weirdness and it's been like this for months. Might be worth a shot to go ahead and try it.

audioluche 08-24-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WernerF (Post 1446550)
P Tools 8 is way usable for me. Day after 10 hour day. No crash's or weirdness and it's been like this for months. Might be worth a shot to go ahead and try it.

I've tried but it's not been good here! I have PT 8 on another partition since it's out and everytime i tried it, i've always had nasty crash.
On cs1 and cs2 too. I will try back with cs3 soon.

Honestly, i did not troubleshout the system that much because i have a lot of work and 7.4 is just so solid. But all my plugins in 8 are up to date.
Each time i tried it, it crashed on recording or when i was changing assignations on tracks or aux. VI's (AIR) were crashing too.

I hope cs3 will solve these issues for me...

Thanks!

Luc