Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   MIDI (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   double time or halfe time some midi in PT???? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=80290)

metaltim 06-27-2003 01:30 PM

Re: double time or halfe time some midi in PT????

cant you just make the tempo twice as fast, and the notes will move accordingly?
ive done that a couple of times I recall..

tim

monkey 06-27-2003 03:07 PM

Yes. That’s exactly what I've been doing too and it's so annoying. I want to be able to double time or half one element not the entire song!!! A very basic function. : ( : confused:

monkey 06-28-2003 12:02 AM

double time or halfe time some midi in PT????

Is there a way to take a chunk of midi, say midi to a drum loop, and double time it or 1/2 time it? NOt in 5.1 but how about 6.0?
thanks

monkey 06-29-2003 11:51 AM

LOGIC

WestPhillySoulzition 07-01-2003 07:57 AM

Shift play. = half time

metaltim 07-05-2003 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by monkey:
Yes. That’s exactly what I've been doing too and it's so annoying. I want to be able to double time or half one element not the entire song!!! A very basic function. : ( : confused:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">well you don't have to change the WHOLE song to ONE tempo. you can have multiple tempo shifts, as well as meter changes..
wherever your cursor is, hit the button next to the guy with the wand (on the transport window im talking), it has a 4/4 on it, and change tempo or meter.

Oh yeh, you can't be in manual mode to do this. )make sure that guy with the wand is highlighted is enbled, and you can change tempos more than once.

does this answer your question??

tim

monkey 07-07-2003 07:50 AM

NO!! Perhaps my post is not clear. Sorry. Specifically, I have a piece of midi that triggers a drum loop. I'd like to hear what that drum loop sounds like at 1/2 time or double time. I don't want to change to tempo of the entire song and I don't want to map tempo changes. I just want to effect one piece of midi. Thanks for the suggestions though.

steins 07-08-2003 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by monkey:
NO!! Perhaps my post is not clear. Sorry. Specifically, I have a piece of midi that triggers a drum loop. I'd like to hear what that drum loop sounds like at 1/2 time or double time. I don't want to change to tempo of the entire song and I don't want to map tempo changes. I just want to effect one piece of midi. Thanks for the suggestions though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I do not know an easy way of doing this. What you can do is record the midi-loop as an audio file at double-tempo and half-tempo - shouldn't take too long. You can then mute and unmute your 3 different tracks (1 Midi at normal tempo + 2 audio tracks) to hear the difference.

Stein Tore

monkey 07-08-2003 10:58 AM

Your right. That's the only way to do it. BOOO! : ( Thanks for the respons.

studios111 05-21-2013 01:34 PM

This is how i did it: Select all MIDI tracks and put them in "sample" mode instead of Ticks mode, now even you change the tempo the tracks won't be affected, take only the track - or part - you wanna double, change tempo half time, then put that track as well into "samples" mode, Now put back your timing and put back all tracks into "tics" mode so you can now edit them further

hope this helps