Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   EUCONize Poll (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406575)

creativecontrol 10-03-2019 06:12 AM

EUCONize Poll

Greetings,

I wanted to get some feedback on specific functions or options in Pro Tools which would be desirable to EUCONize. These may be missing functions or functions which are currently possible to trigger via Keyboard commands but would be easier to access via a native EUCON function. I’ll start it off and please agree or augment my list. Thanks!

Jeff

Capture Selected
Send Edit Selection
Transmit and Receive Play (Sat)
Timeline Drop Order
Generate LTC / Generate MTC
Next Video Track Online
Machine Follows Edit Insertion / Scrub
Set PreRoll / PostRoll Value
Save Track Preset
Clip FX Window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

reichman 10-03-2019 11:40 AM

Re: EUCONize Poll

Here are the ones on your list that would really help me:

Quote:

Capture Selected
Set PreRoll / PostRoll Value
Clip FX Window
And I nominate the following:

Solo Clear Playlist
Next Mem Location/Previous Mem Location

Meads 10-03-2019 12:36 PM

A helpful shortcut (not only for Eucon but for PT in general) would be to being able to access volume automation lanes for each of the sends slots.
I have to access those a million times when I mix, and there is no way to get to them, but with the mouse. At least none that I'm aware of.

A shortcut like there is for the general volume automation lane (opt + -) but for each of the send volume automation lanes a-j would be a killer feature.

creativecontrol 10-03-2019 12:38 PM

COMMAND + CONTROL touch a fader. Or add OPTION to do all.

Any other touch sensitive knob or fader can be touched with the same modifiers to interrogate those automation breakpoints.

Jeff

reichman 10-03-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meads (Post 2540224)
A helpful shortcut (not only for Eucon but for PT in general) would be to being able to access volume automation lanes for each of the sends slots.
I have to access those a million times when I mix, and there is no way to get to them, but with the mouse. At least none that I'm aware of.

A shortcut like there is for the general volume automation lane (opt + -) but for each of the send volume automation lanes a-j would be a killer feature.

Ctrl-Cmd-touch send knob (or fader in flip) will show that automation lane. But that view could still be added to Eucon, too.

Meads 10-03-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reichman (Post 2540227)
Ctrl-Cmd-touch send knob (or fader in flip) will show that automation lane. But that view could still be added to Eucon, too.

Thanks, I am aware of that but it still requires the mouse.
It's not even possible to create your own shortcut, because there's no menu selection for it.

creativecontrol 10-03-2019 12:51 PM

I don’t understand how this requires the mouse??

Meads 10-03-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativecontrol (Post 2540229)
I don’t understand how this requires the mouse??

Sorry, I was in the realm of software only.
With Eucon you still have to have sends view open. It's not as effortless as hitting alt + - to have all tracks show volume automation.
Not saying it is a huge deal. But it is something I use so often and I always wish there was a way to get that on a single keypress.

creativecontrol 10-03-2019 01:00 PM

I agree with you about composite automation lanes under the disclosure triangle. There was a discussion at one point about a filet out of used automation to the lanes for a given track or other permutations. We could definitely make improvements here.

Jeff

Meads 10-03-2019 01:04 PM

That would be welcomed.
Actually it would suffice to make those into selectable menu items in the view tab. So users could make their own soft keys in Eucon or macros to use without a controller.

creativecontrol 10-03-2019 01:24 PM

All good ideas.

filmixer 10-04-2019 11:31 AM

"Capture Selected" sounds like a winner.

rcutz 10-04-2019 12:37 PM

Hi Jeff, nice topic...

Didn’t mind to disturb the topic, but I would say that everything menubar/prefere wise could became a nice shortcut euconized softkey.... some more than others, but at least giving the user an option to configure it would be nice.

For the exemple, I sometimes need to enable and disable some preference in the synchronization tab at the preference window, because of my use of the CB PD-1 “local arm tracks from remote”, I guess...

To map multiple outputs profiles from DADman...

creativecontrol 10-06-2019 11:03 AM

Thanks Ricardo. We fully recognize the need to expand the EUCON capabilities with regard to the monitor profile which is associated with DADman. A few off the top of my head:

Additional Control Room Output Sets
Ref Enable / Disable
EQ Enable / Disable
Bass Management Enable / Disable
Delay Enable / Disable
Additional TB or LB Mic controls

Regarding the EUCONization of prefs... Which ones specifically would be most helpful, as we can't simply add them all? Here's my current rolling list from user feedback of operational prefs to add:

PEC/DIR Style Input Monitoring
Coalesce Trim Automation - on exiting trim
Sends Default to -INF
Transmit Play (Sat)
Receive Play (Sat)

best,

Jeff

rcutz 10-08-2019 12:10 PM

Jeff preference wise I would add just

Allow 9-pin Track Arm Commands in Local Mode

Maybe from Peripherals

Machine Control
9-Pin remote (deck Emulation)

itsmemagic 10-09-2019 08:22 AM

Since "Import Session Data" window doesn't have Memory Presets options (like Fades and Zoom), it would be great to have that Euconized as well so that we can automate AAF/session imports with Soft Key Editor/EuconLayouter.

Also "Recall-ing Track Preset" just like recalling Mem Loc from S6 would be neat.

creativecontrol 10-09-2019 08:53 AM

Oh yes. Chicklet-based selections are definitely a good idea. If I remember correctly we also had some users wanting to bring back the Group Attributes chicklet presets from ICON as well. In any case, a quick way to recall a state change of multiple parameters via EUCON.

thanks,

Jeff

skilletaudio 10-25-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filmixer (Post 2540313)
"Capture Selected" sounds like a winner.

I agree!

On a simple praise side of things, I have spent so many hours in the past trying to make macros for changing playlists and love that we can use shift+up arrow and down arrow as of PT 12.6. I loved that you can do that on Icon (before that key command was there). Thank you for adding this to Eucon that is very nice! You even get several options of Jump forward or backward 5, show the first, and last playlists, and even Promote to Main Playlist (which I need because the key command is permanently mapped to another function on our KVM to put us into view-only mode which I have pressed so many times and lost control). You guys rock for adding these options and for asking how to improve!

creativecontrol 10-28-2019 03:58 PM

Glad you find them useful. Shift + 7 on the Numeric section of the MAM will recall the Editing preset which includes Playlist functions on the Left MAM soft keys and Editing on the Right MAM soft keys.

Jeff

RedRock 11-26-2019 02:11 PM

Smart tool, TCE

JanuS 11-26-2019 03:34 PM

Create Layout out of selected tracks.

JanuS 11-27-2019 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanuS (Post 2545667)

Actually, I meant this for Euconizing the S3 / Dock version.. sorry, wrong thread..

skilletaudio 11-27-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanuS (Post 2545753)
Actually, I meant this for Euconizing the S3 / Dock version.. sorry, wrong thread..

Sounds like they need to add "Double Tape Assign to Copy Tracks from Banking Mode into Current Layout" that is in the S6 to the S3. Not quite selected tracks but it's a start.

reichman 11-27-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

+1

skilletaudio 11-27-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reichman (Post 2545758)
+1

That would be a pretty cool feature. +1

creativecontrol 12-09-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRock (Post 2545657)
Smart tool, TCE

Hi. The Tools and Modes SoftKey page has individual EUCON functions for each of the different Edit Tools. Successively pressing Grabber or Trimmer will cycle through all the variants. Pressing Trimmer and Select simultaneously, for example, will engage the Smart Tool while maintaining the variation you've already selected on the Trimmer tool. Perhaps this is not perfect, but it does seem to work fine here for me.

best,

Jeff

RedRock 12-10-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativecontrol (Post 2547151)
Hi. The Tools and Modes SoftKey page has individual EUCON functions for each of the different Edit Tools. Successively pressing Grabber or Trimmer will cycle through all the variants. Pressing Trimmer and Select simultaneously, for example, will engage the Smart Tool while maintaining the variation you've already selected on the Trimmer tool. Perhaps this is not perfect, but it does seem to work fine here for me.

best,

Jeff

I'll give that a try. I'm using EuconLayouter to make custom pages. I just thought it would be nice to have all the choices on one page.

Kent

itsmemagic 01-21-2020 08:35 AM

We desperately need "Recall Memory Location at Original Track" [When selected, Memory Locations that recall a selection also recall the track in which the selection was made.]
In fact, I don't see a reason why every item from "Preferences" menu shouldn't be EUCONized!?

DAPG 01-21-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanuS (Post 2545667)

+1

creativecontrol 01-22-2020 10:34 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I’m compiling a list of the selects now and will publish shortly. While I don’t disagree with the need to manage track layouts offline or from the desktop, that is outside of the scope of this particular conversation of EUCONizing existing preferences or functions. Thanks.

Jeff

made 01-23-2020 12:44 PM

I would like to see a Eucon command to select an special edit tool even while in Smart mode. Imagine changing to TCE trimmer with the press of one button... and back to normal with another...

and maybe presets for nudge setting values? like the 5 zoom presets...

+1 for the playlist solo

Brandonx1 01-24-2020 08:12 AM

Audio Suite render process bypass and preview.

Plug in preset selection

creativecontrol 01-24-2020 08:32 AM

EUCONize Poll

Unfortunately both of those functions are out of the scope of basic EUCONizing. Again, I agree they are valuable, however they are dependent on other implementations. I’d be happy to create a new thread specific to new feature implementations.

best,

Jeff

RedRock 01-24-2020 08:54 AM

[QUOTE=made;2551943]I would like to see a Eucon command to select an special edit tool even while in Smart mode. Imagine changing to TCE trimmer with the press of one button... and back to normal with another...

Did you mean this was out of the ability of Eucon?

creativecontrol 01-24-2020 11:27 AM

Greetings,

The Edit Tools questions is very easy to address right now. Simply create a Smart Tool Soft Key composed of a dual EUCON function as seen below containing Selector Tool and Trim Tool.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oq8z37ek5x...olsC.PNG?raw=1

The adjacent tools like Trim and Grabber can be pressed repeatedly to select the appropriate variation. Then simply press Smart Tool.

best,

Jeff

Mark Ziebarth 01-25-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by made (Post 2551943)

and maybe presets for nudge setting values?

I’m using two softkeys: one for Increase Nudge value and the other for Decrease Nudge value. I’m having the same for Grid settings. They’re working well but I have to toggle the measure with the mouse.

Best

Mark

creativecontrol 01-25-2020 01:18 PM

Indeed, Nudge and Grid settings are already native EUCON and even programmed already into layered functions on the Locate section + - keys of the Automation Module.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjg2fhwnue...inus.PNG?raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/re93bdgtsjxpzur/Nav.png?raw=1

best,

Jeff

Brandonx1 02-12-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativecontrol (Post 2552021)
Unfortunately both of those functions are out of the scope of basic EUCONizing. Again, I agree they are valuable, however they are dependent on other implementations. I’d be happy to create a new thread specific to new feature implementations.

best,

Jeff

Jeff, if sound flow can do it, eucon needs to be able to do it. Or maybe can I ask, why can't eucon control pro tools as well as a 3 party app?

creativecontrol 02-12-2020 02:50 PM

We are in agreement. All I was saying was that the initial thread was discussing simple existing functions and preferences that can be easily augmented in EUCON. I agree that plug-in preset management, along with super important functionality like plug-in instantiation needs to be implemented, and Eddie has already mentioned that it is being worked on.

best,

Jeff

rcutz 02-13-2020 08:38 AM

Jeff, is it possible to euconize some of the Copy Special/Paste Special, like "copy all automation/repeat to fill selection"?

best