Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Lock Edit window as topped (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405590)

reichman 07-11-2019 06:42 AM

Lock Edit window as topped

Lots of key commands on the computer keyboard and the Eucon control surfaces depend on the Edit Window being topped. Would be great to be able to lock that window as topped, and lock the focus keys, too.

This really bugs me with the arrow-down key programmed on a surface. You hit the key, and then realize it did nothing because the Mix window is topped. :mad:

Norad155 07-11-2019 11:36 AM

Re: Lock Edit window as topped

Quote:

Originally Posted by reichman (Post 2532468)
Lots of key commands on the computer keyboard and the Eucon control surfaces depend on the Edit Window being topped. Would be great to be able to lock that window as topped, and lock the focus keys, too.

This really bugs me with the arrow-down key programmed on a surface. You hit the key, and then realize it did nothing because the Mix window is topped. :mad:

Just curious what you're using the mix window for? Besides looking at individual track delay comp values (the only place you can get that information) I never look at it.

(not saying your doing anything wrong or judging you... genuinely curious!)

reichman 07-11-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norad155 (Post 2532478)
Just curious what you're using the mix window for? Besides looking at individual track delay comp values (the only place you can get that information) I never look at it.

(not saying your doing anything wrong or judging you... genuinely curious!)

You're totally right. Out of habit, I have two computer screens, one for Edit, and the other for Mix with a bunch of floating plug-ins on top. I do look occasionally for automatch arrows (S3 doesn't have those), and Preview status (can't see that in Edit when the tracks are tiny). But yes, until this gets some attention from Avid, I should just close the window. I can see Preview status on my Dock just fine.

Norad155 07-11-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reichman (Post 2532480)
You're totally right. Out of habit, I have two computer screens, one for Edit, and the other for Mix with a bunch of floating plug-ins on top. I do look occasionally for automatch arrows (S3 doesn't have those), and Preview status (can't see that in Edit when the tracks are tiny). But yes, until this gets some attention from Avid, I should just close the window. I can see Preview status on my Dock just fine.

well those certainly are 2 legit reasons to use the mix window I hadn't thought of... but yeah... if it's not much and this is annoying you more often... maybe ditch it!

I haven't looked at it in about a decade haha