Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Don'tCrack drops All Waves deals (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=338474)

Southsidemusic 05-05-2013 10:09 AM

Don'tCrack drops All Waves deals

Yes it is true,

Due to an issue with Waves, we have removed all of their products from our store ! :eek:
Kinda funny seeing that they say Waves is back as of april 23rd and today email say
the above line in RED

Waves waves waves ...
When are you gonna make things right :rolleyes:

WernerF 05-05-2013 08:26 PM

Re: Don'tCrack drops All Waves deals

I got an e-mail from Don't Crack and was wondering what the actual issue with Waves actually is. Does anyone know.

Southsidemusic 05-05-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WernerF (Post 2037541)
I got an e-mail from Don't Crack and was wondering what the actual issue with Waves actually is. Does anyone know.

I don't know but a guess would be a pricing issue :rolleyes:
Or something with their marketing style ... Waves really is
a gonner for me atleat and they have lots to catch up on so..

noiseboyuk 05-05-2013 11:46 PM

This could be putting two and two together and making nine, but I inquired recently about another reseller I use, Waves Universe. They told me that Waves have recently prohibited anyone from outside the US (as I am) from buying through them. I've also seen some recent discounts from Waves direct, on top of their monthly deals - and being outside the US doesn't appear to be a problem. Wonder if Waves have decided to take all the online selling in-house by dropping their reseller deals.

Southsidemusic 05-06-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noiseboyuk (Post 2037558)
This could be putting two and two together and making nine, but I inquired recently about another reseller I use, Waves Universe. They told me that Waves have recently prohibited anyone from outside the US (as I am) from buying through them. I've also seen some recent discounts from Waves direct, on top of their monthly deals - and being outside the US doesn't appear to be a problem. Wonder if Waves have decided to take all the online selling in-house by dropping their reseller deals.

Hi Noiseboyuk

I can totally see that happening as for us outside the US it is really much cheaper buying from The US seeing that the dollar has been pretty down for a long time so we always buy from US retailers like GC and Sweetwater.

musicman691 05-07-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2037732)
Hi Noiseboyuk

I can totally see that happening as for us outside the US it is really much cheaper buying from The US seeing that the dollar has been pretty down for a long time so we always buy from US retailers like GC and Sweetwater.

Waves still available from Sweetwater as I type.

Southsidemusic 05-07-2013 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2037817)
Waves still available from Sweetwater as I type.

Hey Musicman691

Thanks for pointing that out, good to hear that they still have third party sales as we buy from them when we need gear and they always deliver to Sweden without adding taxes etc. We just yesterday preordered PT11HD from 10HD á $599 and would have cost us almost twice that here in Stockholm so big-ups to Sweetwater and Avid for selling to non-US customers at the same conversion rate as the US :-) Thank God :p

Cheers to That
Chris

weezul 05-07-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noiseboyuk (Post 2037558)

That sucks, I got all my waves stuff from WavesUniverse... Was needing some WUP love soon too... gutted

Meads 05-07-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weezul (Post 2037969)
That sucks, I got all my waves stuff from WavesUniverse... Was needing some WUP love soon too... gutted

Try Audiodeluxe, I upgraded to platinum and bought WUP for everything else last month. Maybe they still sell outside the US.