Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools Express on Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Trouble Running Pro-Tools Express (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=363597)

Bearchild1623 01-25-2015 02:51 PM

Trouble Running Pro-Tools Express

1 Attachment(s)
So, I can't seem to start up my Pro Tools as every time I try I get a message that says "Procedure Entry Point Not Found" and then it closes down.

It used to work fine but instead it's just that message now.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times but with no success. I have searched the internet for an answer and either no solution works or I don't understand the answer (I'm not very clever with technical stuff).

Anyway, this is message I get when I try to start it up. Any ideas on how to fix this?

junkgear 01-26-2015 06:52 AM

Re: Trouble Running Pro-Tools Express

The error you are getting is because Pro Tools can't load another piece of software it needs in order to run. I really can't tell what that component is from the error message, but something must have changed.

From the screen shot, it looks like that computer is used for more than just Pro Tools, so is there any program that was just installed or updated?

You may either need to remove whatever was just installed, or you will need to uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools.

justus1900 01-26-2015 07:24 AM

IM not sure what the problem is but the worst thing in the world you can do when trying to run Pro Tools on a computer is have McAFee Anti Viris installed on the same computer.

Michael Zull 01-26-2015 08:03 AM

Correction, the worst thing in the world you can do to a computer AT ALL is to have Mcafee installed.

Bearchild1623 01-28-2015 09:58 AM

I had also installed Superior Drummer too, could that have somehow caused this?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pro Tools, it doesn't solve it.

Also, why is MacAfee bad to have?

justus1900 01-28-2015 10:02 AM

I dont think you can use 3rd Party Plug-Ins with PT Express so yes Superior Drummer that could be the problem.

Bruce Paine 01-28-2015 10:06 AM

Pro Tools Express can use RTAS, AudioSuite, and 32-bit AAX plug-ins, Avid or 3rd party.

The older Pro Tools SE could not use plug-ins not included with Pro Tools SE.

Bearchild1623 01-28-2015 10:51 AM

Could it be that I'm using a 64 bit operating system while PT Express is only 32 bit?

Darryl Ramm 01-28-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearchild1623 (Post 2226738)
Could it be that I'm using a 64 bit operating system while PT Express is only 32 bit?

No, that is irrelevant, 64 but OSes run 32 bit applications just fine. But make sure you are using a supported OS version.

Bearchild1623 01-28-2015 11:44 AM

Okay cheers, I wasn't convinced that was the problem anyway. Do you think the best thing to do would be to just phone Avid?