Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Pro Tools SE White Noise Problems (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=290476)

Sternimator 12-23-2010 06:43 AM

Pro Tools SE White Noise Problems

Has anyone else here had problems with white noise randomly apperaing on this version of pro tools? Almost everytime I record the waveform is correct with what Im playing but on playback it is just deafening white noise!

I am using Pro Tools SE ver 8.0.3 on Windows Vista....

Is that my problem??? As im unsure if vista is supported?? :confused:

Thanks to anyone who has any help with this.

izyk 01-02-2011 03:22 PM

Re: Pro Tools SE White Noise Problems

Yes, this sounds much like the problem I am having, only I wouldn't say its white noise - its more like the recorded audio track is insanely distorted. Seems to come and go, and I am not convinced the problem is really in the recorded audio. I think it may just be in the playback.

woodybrando 01-03-2011 02:53 PM

ok I'm seeing this same problem and it's making pro tools unusable. It just starts sounding like a white noise filter has been applied to the audio. It's been doing this in Avid Media Composer as well. Very frustrating. Just randomly starts happening, everything was sounding great then 10 minutes later everything played back with the white noise filter. Anyone know what's causing this or how to fix it?

I've been using Media Composer for years but this is my first time using Pro Tools.

Both record and playback settings are set to 2 channel 44khz 24bit in the windows settings window.

windows 7 64-bit
pro tools se 8.0.3 with Vocal Studio Mic

and I agree with Izyk i think it's just a playback thing, if i export the audio and play it through a different audio device i think it plays fine.

thx,
jayson

woodybrando 01-07-2011 04:09 PM

wow the Pro Tools SE forum is a quiet place.

So is this software just unsupported by Avid? Is it like a demo :) cause i can use it for about 5 minutes before it becomes unusable. And it seems to be happening to a few of us.

jjeffery7 01-10-2011 08:47 PM

ya its happening to me too....i hate it...someone help me fix it!:confused:

Avid Product Design 01-12-2011 04:25 AM

Setting Preferences > Audio to "Mixing or Producing" even when recording may help with this issue.

jjeffery7 01-12-2011 09:22 AM

that does not help the issue! :(

prestomeco 01-13-2011 09:29 PM

I was having the same problem on my Windows 7 machine, so I installed the software on an XP machine. So far the problem is gone. The XP machine has 2GB RAM, which I think is the minimum requirement.

Maybe it is an issue with Windows 7?

Prestomeco

Sternimator 01-14-2011 11:55 AM

Ok since my original post I bought windows 7 seeing as vista isnt supported which seems to have solved my random white noise problem.

However i instead now get a sort of crackling vinyl type noise on my tracks during both playback and sometimes recording. It also appears at random....switching from mixing or producing makes no difference and neither does increasing latency.

Any one else have this issue? I have no idea how to fix it

Avid Product Design 01-18-2011 05:00 AM

Thanks for the information. If you are experiencing this issue, could you please post full specifications of the Windows 7 computers. Thanks.