Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Click II 3/4 time plays accented note on beat 3? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395083)

DFT 11-14-2017 09:17 AM

Click II 3/4 time plays accented note on beat 3?

I'm easily baffled anyway, but ... can anyone tell me why my Click II plugin in PT 12.8 plays the downbeat (or single beat) on beat 3 in 3/4 time?

In words, it goes 'blip - blip - BEEP,' instead of 'BEEP - blip - blip.'

I did create the project in 4/4 time by mistake, but changed the time signature to 3/4 at the very first beat of the song. I can't understand why this would make a difference, as obviously the time signature track is intended to facilitate changing time signatures within a song.

While of course I can ignore the blips and use the BEEP for my downbeat, it just doesn't seem right that in Click II the accented beat is beat 3.

Is this how it works; a bug; or, am I missing an option to change how Click II runs?

Thanks.

midnightrambler 11-14-2017 10:06 AM

Re: Click II 3/4 time plays accented note on beat 3?

I’ve a similar issue where the click track counted 3 beats per bar for a 6/8 track.:rolleyes: Didn’t really get to the the bottom of that either.

DFT 11-14-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrambler (Post 2459517)
I’ve a similar issue where the click track counted 3 beats per bar for a 6/8 track.:rolleyes: Didn’t really get to the the bottom of that either.

Did you seek help here? Maybe someone will be merciful!

YYR123 11-14-2017 11:24 AM

I don't understand Waltz the problem is?

Sorry...I couldn't resist.

Yes that does not seem cool at all, definitely Not how it should be.

Have you tried any other version? I will create a session in 3/4 and see what happens. I am on 12.5.1

john1192 11-14-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFT (Post 2459522)
Did you seek help here? Maybe someone will be merciful!

just checked it here on a MAC .. 4/4 to 3/4 .. working fine .. every hit on the One !!!

_JJ_ 11-14-2017 11:57 AM

Where is the BIG counter showing beat 1? I have the feeling your song is confused about where the bar lines are. If it doesn't really matter - as in you are not expecting to generate any charts or anything - you can simply take the accent off of Click II by selecting the same sound for all beats.

If you want the bar lines to match your song ... Let's say you have 2 bars of 4/4 before the start of the song and you want to switch to 3/4 time at the first bar of music. Make sure the "Meter" ruler is showing and click + next to "Meter". That brings up a small window where you input what you need.

The first information to input is where you want to new meter to start. And in the above case you'd type "3 | 1 | 000". Then move down to the time signature window and type 3 (over) 4. (The quarter note showing below that is what you would change to make 6/8 click eighth notes)

That should work as advertised...

DFT 11-14-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _JJ_ (Post 2459542)
Where is the BIG counter showing beat 1? I have the feeling your song is confused about where the bar lines are. If it doesn't really matter - as in you are not expecting to generate any charts or anything - you can simply take the accent off of Click II by selecting the same sound for all beats.

If you want the bar lines to match your song ... Let's say you have 2 bars of 4/4 before the start of the song and you want to switch to 3/4 time at the first bar of music. Make sure the "Meter" ruler is showing and click + next to "Meter". That brings up a small window where you input what you need.

The first information to input is where you want to new meter to start. And in the above case you'd type "3 | 1 | 000". Then move down to the time signature window and type 3 (over) 4. (The quarter note showing below that is what you would change to make 6/8 click eighth notes)

That should work as advertised...

This sounds like it should sort it out. Thanks. I'm away from the studio at the moment. I'll get back with results later.