Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What is the best Software mastering package available?? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=320695)

Gene100 04-05-2012 07:43 AM

What is the best Software mastering package available??

Hi everyone,

I have been using IK Multimedia's T Racks Software for mastering....I'm am not totally happy with it.

What in your opinion is the best software solution for mastering available for MAC??

Thanks,

E

groundcontrol 04-05-2012 09:43 AM

SoundBlade?

TCM 04-05-2012 10:35 AM

Re: What is the best Software mastering package available??

Best is always subjective!

If you want professional results, there are the ears of Mastering Engineers.

In case you need to do it yourself ITB, you could try Ozone5.

bonzerboy 04-05-2012 06:20 PM

I use t racks ,, give t racks a chance,, I also have ozone 5 whihc is cool and sometimes i mater with some waves plug ins

SixChurchStreet 04-05-2012 06:39 PM

What is it that you don't like about T-RackS?

I think an engineer with good ears could do an amazing job with T-RackS 3, as well as with any other mastering suite. Don't blame the software, just keep working at it.

nst7 04-05-2012 09:13 PM

For an all in one, affordable solution, I would suggest Ozone 5, as the other guy did.

spenner 04-06-2012 11:03 AM

A friend, who owns a local pro facility, has been using Wavelab for years. He is the reason why I just purchased Wavelab Elements. I like it so far.

Otherwise I use individual plugins on the master fader to achieve the desired final sound with Ozone's Maximizer and Dither being last on the chain.

RegenerationMix 04-06-2012 12:46 PM

Waves Native power pack has a lot of great Mastering tools. I have used it for years.

Chris

720hours World Record 04-06-2012 05:44 PM

I just finished a long project "Vocal Eyes Vocalize" - intending to be mastered by a pro (which I did, and have for other projects). I took the project as far as I could using iZotope OZONE 4 and saved it (put it aside). Then I removed OZONE 4 and sent it out to be mastered. When I got the mastered disc back (EQ and compression, LR balance etc) I compared it over and over to the 9 songs on my disc >> back and fourth (over and over). I can say OZONE 4 did a fantastic job. Over all - it takes a second set of ears to get the job done completely - having said that - Ozone got 95% of the way there.

I just ordered Ozone 5 (CPU hog and all):-)

nst7 04-06-2012 09:43 PM

Did you get regular Ozone 5 or Advanced?