Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   S6 single channel fader flip (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=400471)

its2loud 08-03-2018 11:46 AM

S6 single channel fader flip

Guys,

Maybe I'm missing something here but is there any way to flip just one channel strip on the S6? Everytime I press the FLIP button it flips all channels showing on the surface. I just want to flip a Send onto the fader for just one channel.

Thanks.

creativecontrol 08-03-2018 12:23 PM

Re: S6 single channel fader flip

Agreed. No, there is currently not a way to tell a single send to flip down to a fader. Your options are:

(A) Engage flip and press successively till you get to the row containing the send you want. Shift + Flip to exit.

(B) Create an Expand Fader Map for Sends - which is primarily beneficial if you want to flip all of the Sends - FX, Cues, paths from a single Attentioned channel down to faders.

Your request is certainly on the list.

Jeff

its2loud 08-03-2018 01:54 PM

ok thanks. I don't think expand faders is working correctly.
to test, i have assigned EQ and insert one to expand to faders when pressing EXP longer than half a second (button turns blue) and i have assigned a panel for expand faders. {}Enable Attention Expand Fader Zone is checked but the fader panel is just dark. Nothing assigned to the faders. Am I doing something wrong here?

creativecontrol 08-03-2018 02:07 PM

Greetings,

It is required to (from a local expand zone - not in your Attention Expand Faders) create an actual map for each flavor (EQ, Dyn, Sends, Inserts, etc) function that you want to expand to. Once you have a map in place the Expand Fader zone should light up and recall that map. To create a map from a local zone - access the particular function, hold the attention switch (triangle) while pressing Exp (flashes blue). touch from knob module then correlate touch to fader module for each fader. When finished hit Exp again.

Jeff

its2loud 08-03-2018 02:18 PM

Thanks Jeff,

Yep, been doing that. Trying to populate the faders by touching knobs and then faders but not getting any population on the faders. Strange.

Want a vid?

its2loud 08-03-2018 02:32 PM

ok, i get it. What you're describing is expanding to faders on the fader module currently below the knob module. What i'm trying to do is get the custom fader map to expand on the designated expand fader module that is setup in Surface/Config/Expand/Fader. This is what is not happening for me.

Thanks for you help. I know it's hard without visuals.

its2loud 08-03-2018 03:05 PM

ok, I think I've wrapped my brain around this. There are essentially two fader expansion possibilities.

1. local fader expantion. (long old EXP)

2. Attention Fader Expansion (assigned fader expansion module) which populates when you have it active and hit the attention button on a fader.

It's the attention fader expansion that I can't seem to populate. I think i've checked all the boxes and have chosen insert 1 and insert 2 as the backup. Nothing happens when I hit the attention button on any given track.

creativecontrol 08-03-2018 03:06 PM

Ensure that you are in fact in map mode by the following:

Exp flashes blue.
Clear is red.
Faders drop to - INF.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its2loud 08-03-2018 03:25 PM

I am for sure for local zone but do I have to do that for attention zone as well?
Definitely can’t seem to map the attention fader zone.

creativecontrol 08-03-2018 04:40 PM

No, it is not possible to create Expand Fader maps from an On Attention Expand Fader Zone.

Jeff