Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New VST>AAX Wrapper coming (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=331599)

remute 12-04-2012 06:01 AM

New VST>AAX Wrapper coming

http://www.440audio.com/en/software/...r-Bytes-TransV ST/

VST to AAX wrapper
TransVST is a plugin wrapper, which transforms VST plugins into AAX Plugins.
With TransVST, you can use VST Plugins in Pro Tools 10 and higher.
TransVST runs as a standalone program which offers a luxurious plugin management and integrates any VST plugin in Pro Tools, so that it can be used as a normal AAX plugin. TransVST is already 64bit compatible and so it's ready for future Pro Tools versions. Furthermore, TransVST supports creative plugin functions like Midi Out, Sidechaining and Multi Outputs.

Features at a glance:
- Multi Output for Effects and Instruments
- Multi Input for Effects (Sidechaining)
- Midi Output
- AudioSuite support
- FXB/FXP Preset Import
- Stereo to Mono
- VST Shell support
- 64bit ready

panamajack 12-05-2012 05:34 AM

Re: New VST>AAX Wrapper coming

Was this product released, or has it been discontinued?

remute 12-05-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panamajack (Post 1986390)
Was this product released, or has it been discontinued?

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=331562&page=2

DonaldM 12-14-2012 06:02 AM

The hold is due to a licensing issue between Avid and Sugar Bytes. There is an explanation on the Sugar Bytes web page. Doesn't sound dead in the water, more like Avid wants to play ball with Sugar Bytes and they just need to get the proper permission and agreement in place.

Fingers and toes crossed!

DonaldM 12-23-2012 10:05 AM

Anyone from Avid know the status of this with Sugar Bytes? Would love to get this if possible.

remute 12-27-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 1991415)
Anyone from Avid know the status of this with Sugar Bytes? Would love to get this if possible.

When I got in touch with Sugar Bytes they said -
"please write to AVID, as they stopped TransVST until
further notice."

Translation - all we'll get from Avid are PR soundbytes.
In reality, it's been killed off in favour of a PT11 built-in wrapper.

In the meantime, as there isn't a fully-working alternative, tough.

Avid, putting customers 1st - in line to get screwed.

John_Toolbox 12-27-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remute (Post 1992300)
When I got in touch with Sugar Bytes they said -
"please write to AVID, as they stopped TransVST until
further notice."

Translation - all we'll get from Avid are PR soundbytes.
In reality, it's been killed off in favour of a PT11 built-in wrapper.

In the meantime, as there isn't a fully-working alternative, tough.

Avid, putting customers 1st - in line to get screwed.

If there really will be a built in wrapper in PT11, how is AVID going to be screwing people? Wouldn't the people who bought the wrapper before PT11's release be the ones getting screwed since they didn't need to buy it?

The only way people will "get screwed" will be if AVID doesn't make or allow anyone else to make a VST-AAX wrapper at all, and we won't really know until PT11 what will happen with that.

Also remember that there are already other methods like VE pro (which now has an AAX version) that allow you to shoehorn VST's into Pro Tools.

remute 12-27-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Toolbox (Post 1992349)
If there really will be a built in wrapper in PT11, how is AVID going to be screwing people? Wouldn't the people who bought the wrapper before PT11's release be the ones getting screwed since they didn't need to buy it?

The only way people will "get screwed" will be if AVID doesn't make or allow anyone else to make a VST-AAX wrapper at all, and we won't really know until PT11 what will happen with that.

Also remember that there are already other methods like VE pro (which now has an AAX version) that allow you to shoehorn VST's into Pro Tools.

By extension of the fact that I can't use a whole bunch of VST in PT *now* and Avid claim they've killed off Sugar Bytes wrapper due to "quality" issues when they allow FXpansion to still sell their 6yr old wrapper which is, by anyones standards, piss-poor.

To simply sit there and expect users to wait for..what another year? to use their purchases while claiming that Avid are acting in users best interests is...stretching goodwill a little far IMO.

John_Toolbox 12-27-2012 03:56 PM

Has anyone actually confirmed that the sugar bytes wrapper is better than the fxpansion? For all we know, maybe it's even worse.

I guess for me, I've known about the limitations of the FXpansion wrapper since it came out, and only bought VSTs that I could test with it and confirmed to work if I wanted to use them in PT.

Bill Denton 12-27-2012 07:07 PM

Where on earth are you guys getting the idea that there will be a "built in VST wrapper" in PT11?

Why on Earth would Avid waste resources developing something like that?

PT11 will run AAX...period!

If your favorite plugin is not available in AAX, go bitch at the plugin manufacturer...