Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Mojave ? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401220)

xrekcor 02-17-2019 01:31 AM

Re: Mojave ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2516827)
I actually have one in a bedroom we use as a storage room. Can't be used though as my phone service is digital and the machine requires an analog phone connection. Believe it or not some businesses here in the US still use a FAX machine. A local pizza place has one for taking orders.

Remember “Billboards” pre-internet..... haha I’ll have to google but I’m sure if you have an old dial-up modem.... gee I wonder if they still exist.

musicman691 02-17-2019 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2516845)
Remember “Billboards” pre-internet..... haha I’ll have to google but I’m sure if you have an old dial-up modem.... gee I wonder if they still exist.

Bulletin boards - yeah I remember them. And amongst all the stuff up in that room I have my old 56K dialup modem.

Would you believe there's also a fully functional Commodore 64 setup ready to run? It's like an electronics museum up there. ;)

Drew Mazurek 02-17-2019 05:49 AM

Bickering, nonsense, and name calling removed. Back on topic please. :-)

kirkbross 02-17-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerodistraction (Post 2514550)
Avid made an announcement at NAMM that 2019 will support Mojave, so it's coming soon.

I heard that a Mojave update is coming "this year" and that it "may" help the CPU performance situation. Sadness.

mattrixx 02-20-2019 03:01 AM

Haven't seen this one. What are you using it on?

kirkbross 02-25-2019 11:37 AM

Isn't AVID (and all large comapnies) supposed to get beta versions of new OS releases before the come out so they can get a jump on getting their products in line? Mojave has been out for 4 months now. I have a new Mac Mini that came with Mojave and I don't want to nuke a factory install to put an older OS on which might itself have hardware conflicts.

Pro Tools does run, but with the exact CPU issues they warn against, but for me it's at all buffer sizes.

xrekcor 02-25-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkbross (Post 2517675)
Isn't AVID (and all large comapnies) supposed to get beta versions of new OS releases before the come out so they can get a jump on getting their products in line? Mojave has been out for 4 months now. I have a new Mac Mini that came with Mojave and I don't want to nuke a factory install to put an older OS on which might itself have hardware conflicts.

Pro Tools does run, but with the exact CPU issues they warn against, but for me it's at all buffer sizes.

the problem with beta versions are just that they are beta versions.... are you seriously saying a company is/going to/should be forced to spend prolly precious R&D funds on a beta that may or may not change over time? Wow that would be a big call...... here's the road map on what we plan to do but it may change down the road.... pretty good way of raising that annual subscription.

kirkbross 02-25-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2517676)
the problem with beta versions are just that they are beta versions.... are you seriously saying a company is/going to/should be forced to spend prolly precious R&D funds on a beta that may or may not change over time? Wow that would be a big call...... here's the road map on what we plan to do but it may change down the road.... pretty good way of raising that annual subscription.

It is common. AVID obviously isn't going to dive deep into a rabbit hole trusting that the architecture is going to survive until alpha, but there are a billion new things that won't change that can expedited 3rd party development. It's not like there is zero communication.

I would bet $1 that the top engineers at Apple issue a large README.md and probably even have personal communication with Sr. developers at a lot of big companies.

xrekcor 02-25-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkbross (Post 2517720)
I would bet $1 that the top engineers at Apple issue a large README.md and probably even have personal communication with Sr. developers at a lot of big companies.

Which I bet comes with a rather large fee and the ability to claim your product is MS or Apple certified. betting a $1 doesn't sound for a lot of confidence.... who knows in the end we all could be talking rubbish.

bektolio 02-26-2019 06:41 PM

You think they’re going to drop the eleven rack driver for Mojave same day as pro tools?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk