Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   A request to increase efficiency (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405209)

midnightrambler 06-14-2019 06:35 AM

A request to increase efficiency

2 Attachment(s)
Hi AVID

Is there some way of having the non-essential dialogue boxes pop up after the session has opened? Nothing more annoying than to open up a session, pop out to make a cuppa, and come back only to find the ProTools icon jumping about because it's hanging, waiting for you to hit the Return key. *Twice*. Then you still end up waiting for it to load plug-ins etc. Just open the session already!

Pete Gates 06-14-2019 09:35 AM

Re: A request to increase efficiency

Massively support this suggestion! And while they’re at it they could remove modal dialog boxes for things like trying to scrub an inactive track. A warning that doesn’t stop operation (in the status bar or somewhere) would suffice.

Pete

mr xy 06-14-2019 10:47 AM

A big yes on this!!!! Great idea!!

Eric Lambert 06-14-2019 11:04 AM

+1

Actionmusic 06-14-2019 01:09 PM

Ha, yes , funnily enough had this side chain note the other day yet again but never thought about this, an easy win for Avid. I wonder if yesterdays Logic update with it's efficiency drive inspired this, and hopefully Avid took note to find a few percent of operational extras in PT. Maybe we should have a little thread on those....

Btw Did anyone else look at Apple's extra 745 audio tracks and feel a bit of a chill , both for Avid and our currently missing HDX "bonus tracks". sorry to bring that up ! As you were...

Philthy 06-14-2019 01:13 PM

This is a great idea.

amagras 06-14-2019 03:08 PM

One more vote here

xrekcor 06-14-2019 04:31 PM

+1 here

john1192 06-15-2019 10:47 AM

while Main Avid works on that .. we then need thia to compliment ..

when using Pt |Control, how many times have you walked into a recording space, recording by yourself, or standing next to a client that is singing or playing for you .. and you have your ipad and nothing is working, it is like it Freezes up .. BUT actually there is a Silly Dialpog Box on your Main Screen that you CANNOT SEE on the ipad .. walk back in and dismiss it .. and hopefully get to work ..

not trying to be a hijacker, just a complimentary need to the pre-load Boxes the OP mentions, fully support that !!!

cheers john

xrekcor 06-15-2019 01:55 PM

I wouldn’t be giving any client in our studio an iPad with EuControl on it, that could be asking for trouble. I use it personally or under certain recording situations when recording myself. The only iPad controller I give clients is one that is connected to my TF5 that allows them to set their own monitor mix via their dedicated AUX send. And a lot of the time the clients download the app to their smartphones. I have a seperate app that can control the whole TF5 which I use when doing a live shows and the TF5 is located back or side of stage.

However I do agree with the sync thing, this newer version seems a lot more stable than the previous version... but then I’ve only used it yesterday for about 6 hours without any issue. It would be nice if PT could send those prompts to the iPad in any case... although I didn’t encounter that issue yesterday but have in the past.

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2529489)
while Main Avid works on that .. we then need thia to compliment ..

when using Pt |Control, how many times have you walked into a recording space, recording by yourself, or standing next to a client that is singing or playing for you .. and you have your ipad and nothing is working, it is like it Freezes up .. BUT actually there is a Silly Dialpog Box on your Main Screen that you CANNOT SEE on the ipad .. walk back in and dismiss it .. and hopefully get to work ..

not trying to be a hijacker, just a complimentary need to the pre-load Boxes the OP mentions, fully support that !!!

cheers john