Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   OSX Mountain Lion? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=317598)

anackman 02-16-2012 11:27 AM

OSX Mountain Lion?

Ok so now Apple tells everyone that Lion is old and that Mountain Lion is the new operating system (albeit in Beta). I don't expect Avid to come out with a compatible version of PT anytime soon.

ejwells 02-16-2012 11:39 AM

Re: OSX Mountain Lion? [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep].

Quote:

Originally Posted by anackman (Post 1902443)
Ok so now Apple tells everyone that Lion is old and that Mountain Lion is the new operating system (albeit in Beta). I don't expect Avid to come out with a compatible version of PT anytime soon.

And you're worried about it?
As with all OS version updates, use the one that works until the new one is qualified.

drumzalicious 02-16-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejwells (Post 1902447)
And you're worried about it?
As with all OS version updates, use the one that works until the new one is qualified.

agreed. Snow Leopard is where i'll most likely be staying for quite a while just because there are so many issues with Lion and Pro Tools I can only imagine yet another OS

ejwells 02-16-2012 01:55 PM

I haven't experienced any issues whatsoever with PT and Lion.
Not a one.

audiobob 02-16-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejwells (Post 1902506)
I haven't experienced any issues whatsoever with PT and Lion.
Not a one.

Fine here too. Heck, Avid hasn't even approved 10.7.3 much less worry about ML. I thought they were done with cats...:confused:

jryser 02-16-2012 03:06 PM

Agree with ej. I did have a few minor glitches that vanished when I read and followed the optimization Avid recommends. 10.01 in Lion has been rock solid here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John_Toolbox 02-16-2012 03:24 PM

That's about right... Apple seems to release a new OS every 1.5 to 2 years. It will probably be a year before this is actually available to end users, this is just the beta being released to developers.

I personally see absolutely nothing interesting about it. It looks even more underwhelming than Lion. I will probably stick with Snow Leopard for a long time too.

DRC Music 02-16-2012 03:39 PM

Actually they announced it will be ready late summer 2012... and said from here on out, a new OS every year :eek:

John_Toolbox 02-16-2012 03:44 PM

Well that explains the lack of new features.

DRC Music 02-16-2012 03:50 PM

lol :D

Here is part of the announcement

"Mountain Lion Beta is available to Mac Developer Program members starting today whilst end-users can upgrade to Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store in late summer 2012. The company also pledged to update OS X once a year from now on. For more information, check out Apple’s new OS X Mountain Lion Sneak Peek page."

Seems Apple is hell bent on turning my Mac Pro into an iPad... :D