Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   source-elements.com/Source-Connect (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=150352)

clusterer 10-29-2005 11:01 AM

source-elements.com/Source-Connect

hey guys,

weīre planing to implement "source connect" for recording native-speakers all over the world into our sessions.
so thereīre two points i canīt really figure out:

- does the talent also need to have source connect installed on his computer?

- the minus on "source connect" is that the speaker must have pro tools at his place/studio etc...??

i canīt expect that everyone has PT LE/mpowered etc. installed on their computers.. or consult any studios which have PT..!
so if PRO TOOLS FREE were compatible with Source-Connect i could rather confront speakers with installing pro tools on their computers. if thereīs the need for source-connect being installed on both sides it would anyway be to expensive...

but if itīs not - this would also be a good and important point for digidesign to update PT FREE.

any opinions??

sorry for bad english...

greets

TVPostSound 10-29-2005 04:00 PM

Re: source-elements.com/Source-Connect

Quote:

YES

Quote:

- the minus on "source connect" is that the speaker must have pro tools at his place/studio etc...??

YES

sleadley 10-29-2005 04:00 PM

Quote:

Yes and Pro Tools

Quote:

While you are correct, any other system will require some specific Hardware/Software. The advantage of Source Connect/PT (either LE or TDM) it is a very small investment compared to ISDN and Encoder/decoder boxes let alone the Phone connection costs. An LE system is inexpensive, easy to setup and use, cross platform and does the job very well.

Quote:

i canīt expect that everyone has PT LE/mpowered etc. installed on their computers.. or consult any studios which have PT..!
so if PRO TOOLS FREE were compatible with Source-Connect i could rather confront speakers with installing pro tools on their computers. if thereīs the need for source-connect being installed on both sides it would anyway be to expensive...

but if itīs not - this would also be a good and important point for digidesign to update PT FREE.

any opinions??

sorry for bad english...

greets

As I suggest it is not too much to ask talent or people who wish to use Source connect yo buy into PT LE as a minimum.

Hope this helps
Simon L.

clusterer 10-30-2005 05:16 AM

thanks for opinions guys!