Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   PT10 elastic audio unable to analyse audio files (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=336529)

chinopepito 03-29-2013 12:37 PM

PT10 elastic audio unable to analyse audio files

Aloha,
I am running 10.3.2 on OS 10.8.2 on a 2,9 PB, 8GB of ram

Doesn't matter what kind of session i open and how big the clips/files are. If i try to use Elastic Audio the clips get greyed out and you don't hear them anymore. The task manager says "analysing audio" but without any progress.

Any solution for this problem?

Thank you very much in advance

Jens

chinopepito 03-30-2013 02:13 AM

Re: PT10 elastic audio unable to analyse audio files

Update
Actually it seems like the plug in has problems opening at all. If i double click the Elastic Audio plug in the little plug in window opens but stays empty.

Any suggestions?

Greetings

Jens

Stig Eliassen 03-30-2013 06:06 AM

Which file format (.wav, .aif, etc)? I believe I've heard/read about issues with audio files other than .wav or .aif, but I'm not sure about this. I'll keep looking for info.

Have you tried trashing PT preferences?

chinopepito 03-30-2013 06:41 AM

Hello Stig

thanks for your reply. I am using wav's only.
Just trashed the digidesign/protools preferences and now at booting PT i get the message that: "Pro Tools could not load the Elastic Audio Plug in because no valid authorization could be found, the iLok was not connected or the plug-in was damaged"
Once the session is open and clicking on the Elastic Audio button it tells me the EA plug in is not installed.
BAD
(of course i am running an authorized version of PT10 with the iLok connected :-) )

Greetings

Jens

Stig Eliassen 03-30-2013 08:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have you checked in the plugins folder?

I would re-run the PT 10.3.2 installer in case something didn't install properly.

chinopepito 03-30-2013 08:22 AM

Dear Stig,

It looks exactly like your image - thanks a lot for doing the effort of posting - I am afraid the plug-in is broken indeed. Not working at home at the moment where the installer is on a safe place on an external HD - so I guess i have to live without EA for the next few days and try to re-instal it as soon i got home.
Thanks so much for your help
(by the way - do you think there is a way to download only the broken plug in somewhere?)

greetings

Jens

Stig Eliassen 03-30-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

(by the way - do you think there is a way to download only the broken plug in somewhere?)
No, not the elastic plugin. It's embedded in the PT installer. I would even download the PT installer again, in case something happened the last time.

chinopepito 03-30-2013 10:02 AM

Thank you Stig
downloading the installer and re-installation of PT was the way to go,

Wish you a happy easter

grtz

Jens

Stig Eliassen 03-30-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinopepito (Post 2022183)
Thank you Stig
downloading the installer and re-installation of PT was the way to go,

Wish you a happy easter

grtz

Jens

Good to hear. Happy Easter to you too.