Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Current Playback Engine does not support sample rate (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340979)

sharpo07 06-29-2013 11:06 AM

Current Playback Engine does not support sample rate

I did a fresh install of PT11 on a Windows 7 Pro system. I'm using a DIGI003 as my interface. Everything loaded up fine no problems. I load Pro Tools and get all the way to the start up screen and choose to open previous session recorded in PT 10 and all previous versions and an error screen comes up which says the following:

"The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 88.2 kHz"

so I try to go to the settings of PT to see what the problem is. I go to the "setup tab" and click "Hardware" and the sample rate is greyed out(cannot be changed) at 44.1kHz then I check the playback engine tab and it's HW Buffer Size is fixed at 256 Samples.

Why can't I change the sample rate? and why is my HW Buffer size only and 256 samples?

All help appreciated!!!

kelco83 06-29-2013 11:47 AM

Re: Current Playback Engine does not support sample rate

When I get this error I go to control panel, sound, and make sure the interface is not the default playback device.

Select another hardware for that.

Then reload PT, that's what worked for me.

Bharath taught me that one in the 002 thread.

If that doesn't work, try right clicking the 003 in the sound window under control panel, select properties go to advanced and set your bit and sample rate there manually.

sharpo07 06-29-2013 12:35 PM

Great info dude. Worked like a charm! PT11 is up and running fine for me now.

Thanks again dude!!!

jamieguitar 07-24-2013 04:31 PM

And, I thank you too. Fixed my problem too.

taylor4814 01-27-2014 08:37 AM

If there's not another audio device to select as the default, make sure to check BIOS for any onboard audio that might be disabled.

Wasaia 02-12-2015 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelco83 (Post 2056349)
When I get this error I go to control panel, sound, and make sure the interface is not the default playback device.

Thanks. This worked for me!

cream478 01-06-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelco83 (Post 2056349)

Bharath taught me that one in the 002 thread.

If that doesn't work, try right clicking the 003 in the sound window under control panel, select properties go to advanced and set your bit and sample rate there manually.

I recently tried everything you said , but it still doesn't work . Anymore suggestions

studiosus 01-08-2016 05:32 AM

Hi there,

I don't use a 003 but an 3th party asio interface, horus from merging. I have the same troubles with sessions in 88.2 with pro tools 11.3.2. Strangely 96 is working fine.
In my case the trick was to open the 88.2 sessions with an different playback engine engaged in pro tools. I opened with the asio4all playback engine. Once the session was loaded, i could switch back the playback engine to the merging asio driver an from then on it worked. Maybe worth a try also with the 003s.

good luck.