Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   iLok and Digi 003 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398222)

dimmun 03-27-2018 02:08 AM

iLok and Digi 003

Hello,

i have a question. I have an Digi 003 registered on a ILok. I would too sell this Digi 003. How can i deregistered the Digi 003? I couldn´t sell the ILok while there is may Software registered (Pro Tools etc).

How can i do this.

lg

Top Jimmy 03-27-2018 09:43 AM

Re: ILok and Digi 003

There is no iLok license for the Digi003. You may sell it without performing any sort of license or ownership transfer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dimmun 03-29-2018 06:35 AM

Ahhhhh sorry for my ignorance :). I think i know what is registered on the ILok. If i buy the Digi 003 i get a Pro Tools Version and this Version is registered on the ILok :).

Big thx :)

albee1952 03-29-2018 09:54 AM

Who owns the iLok? Even if its not yours, you can still install the iLok manager software and open/view the licenses on the iLok. I'm still getting the feeling that there is a lot of info we don't know(making it hard to help):o

Shooting in the dark; you can sell an iLok and licenses in a few ways.
1-hand it to the buyer and give them the account and login info(and they keep using it as you)
2-Transfer the licenses to the buyer's iLok account(which involves a fee), the unregister the iLok and hand it to the buyer(who can then register it to their iLok account.

If you are the registered owner of the 003 and Pro tools software, you can do a Transfer of Ownership form, which would then give the buyer access to Pro Tools downloads(for whatever reason, Avid makes it tough to access software downloads to anyone that isn't a registered owner of the software).

dimmun 04-05-2018 10:23 PM

Re: iLok and Digi 003

Hello,

Iam the owner of the ILok and on the ILok there is registered Pro Tools and many other Plugins. But i only would sell the Digi 003. Not Pro Tools and Plugins. I was not sure if the Digi 003 is registered on the ILok. When not, dann i can sell it without any actions on the ILok.

lg

Top Jimmy 04-06-2018 11:12 AM

iLok and Digi 003

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimmun (Post 2483431)
Hello,

Iam the owner of the ILok and on the ILok there is registered Pro Tools and many other Plugins. But i only would sell the Digi 003. Not Pro Tools and Plugins. I was not sure if the Digi 003 is registered on the ILok. When not, dann i can sell it without any actions on the ILok.

lg

I couldn't tell if there was a question in there, but the fact remains that you can sell the 003 at will without needing to perform any sort of iLok transfer. The buyer will be able to use it just fine as the drivers are freely available.

up4days 10-15-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2483499)
I couldn't tell if there was a question in there, but the fact remains that you can sell the 003 at will without needing to perform any sort of iLok transfer. The buyer will be able to use it just fine as the drivers are freely available.

Interjecting on this old thread... I think I know what he means.

What he is asking is the same question I have since I am also selling my 003. We know the person can upgrade or use the free licenses on their own once they have the unit, but is there something one must do to prevent that person (buyer) from being able to access the active licenses previously used with the unit? I have the 10-12 upgrade and am using a different hardware now, but I don't want to sell my license- only the 003 itself. Will the buyer be able to see/use my license if he plugs it in?

Top Jimmy 10-15-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by up4days (Post 2541409)
Will the buyer be able to see/use my license if he plugs it in?

Not as long as you don't:
1) give them your iLok, or
2) give them access to your iLok account.

The interface is not tied to the ilok licenses or account. It's just a box with gozintas and gozoutas. Sell it and don't worry be happy.

up4days 10-15-2019 08:49 PM

Ok that is good to hear, they must've changed the policy about requiring an ownership transfer form then. Thanks!

albee1952 12-08-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by up4days (Post 2541419)
Ok that is good to hear, they must've changed the policy about requiring an ownership transfer form then. Thanks!

Transfers only matter for software(that might get updates), or for hardware that still has a warranty. Any 003 is well past that:D